Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission scheme has been launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 27th September 2021. PM Modi has addressed this through online video conferencing and shared the important information related to the AB-DHM scheme. How this scheme will help all citizens and what are the objectives and benefits of launching this scheme.
You will find all the important details in this article.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has informed about this scheme during his speech on the 15th of August 2020 on Red Fort. The scheme was implemented in the six Union Territories as a pilot project so that government can analyze the technical challenges and other criteria that need to be considered for the success of the PM Digital Health Misson.
What is Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission?
This scheme has been launched to provide healthcare services to all citizens by using the latest technology and infrastructure which aims to provide a seamless experience and helps all Indian citizens.
All Indian citizens will get a digital Health ID which will be integrated with a health record application and all data related to the person’s health will be made available online. All different healthcare companies, hospitals, pharma companies, etc will be able to access this data through the online secure APIs.
The government has taken all measures to secure all personal health-related data and maintained privacy so that the data can not be misused. Data will be exchanged on behalf of the person’s consent.
|Name of the scheme||Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi|
|Department||Ministry of Health, Government of India|
|Purpose||To make a digital health care system based on a solid technology foundation|
|Beneficiary||All Indian citizens|
|Launched on||27th September 2021|
|Official website||Will be informed|
- Manav Sampada ehrms portal
- PFMS Scholarship portal
- Common Eligibility Test by NRA
- Download e Aadhaar Card online 2021
- NVSP portal details
- An online digital system has been created to restore the health data in Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR) and Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR).
- It will work as a primary database to store all important health records and all healthcare providers such as hospitals, medical providers, and other healthcare providers will be able to access this data online after the proper consent of all citizens.
- A highly secure online platform will be used to manage all tasks and there is no need to think about the data privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information.
- Everything will be accessed through a solid technical infrastructure and secure applications. that will act as a repository of all healthcare providers across both modern and traditional systems of medicine.
- It will also help all healthcare providers such as doctors, hospitals, etc to take the help of a system that enables ease of doing business.
The salient features of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Health mission scheme and its technology framework have been shared below. Please have a look.
- Privacy and security by design – Different privacy concerns have been already addressed through the Pilot project.
- User inclusivity
- Voluntary Participation
- Wellness centric
- Federated architecture – It helps in interoperability and information sharing between different applications.
- Open APIs and Interoperability – All important APIs will be provided to all healthcare companies so that they can use and make other related applications.
- IndEA Framework – An Agile India Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) Framework has been created by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and will be used to provide a technical foundation.
- Single source of Truth – Through the SSOT system, all important data can be edited only by the concerned official person.
Tweets related to ABDHM
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has shared a tweet on his Twitter handle about his launch.
PIB Maharashtra has also shared this scheme information through a Tweet.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Sandbox has also been created that will help different healthcare providers to make different health applications as per their requirements and integrate them with this scheme through the API provided or any other method. Healthcare providers will also be able to test their applications. All private players will be able to make secure applications by using this technology framework and help Indian citizens by becoming a part of the National digital health mission.
Example of a digital health solution
1-Online search for doctors: A person will search the Doctors online related to the specific specialization. He will get a list of all specialized doctors and ask for a consultation.
2-Telemedicine: Patients will get proper consultation through the telemedicine facility and suggest any test.
3-Online order of lab test: Patients will search for the diagnostic laboratories online and find a list of all labs available near to them. He will get the lab test done at home.
Telemedicine APIS, Health and drug APIs, and Lab APIs will be provided through Unified Health Interface.
Different digital identities and services:
Below is the list of all entities or services or systems that will be used or integrated with the PM Digital Health Mission.
- Aadhar Card digital ID
- Aarogya Setu
- e-Sanjeevini OPD
- e-RUPI voucher
Source: PIB India press release on 26th September 2021.
For other government schemes please check the linked article.