Check all details and the latest updates about the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) 2022 on this page. We will share all details such as the latest exam syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, important exam dates, schedules, etc. हिंदी में पढ़ें
CUET 2022 Latest Update
- April 6, 2022: Samarth portal is working now and all students can submit their registration form in online mode until 6 May 2022.
- April 2, 2022: Everyone was waiting why the application window was not open on 2nd April as per the previous information. CUET dates have been revised and now the application process will start on 6th April 2022 and ends on 6th May 2022. NTA has shared this information through a notification on the official website.
- March 26, 2022 – As per the latest update by National Testing Agency, CUET 2022 application process will start on 2nd April 2022 and the last date to submit the application is 30th April 2022. Candidates can visit the official portal https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/ to submit their application forms. Please check the portal on 2nd April as currently, the link is not working.
- CUET online application form: Apply now [6th April to 6th May 2022]
- CUET Exam Pattern and syllabus
- CUET Exam Date
- Application fee
- CUET Helpline
- CUET Eligibility Criteria
- CUET Admit Card [available soon]
- CUET Answer Keys [available soon]
- CUET Result and scorecard [available soon]
- Counseling [available soon]
Previously this exam was known as the CUCET exam and Rajasthan central University was responsible to conduct the CUCET exam for admission to central universities.
CUCET was started in 2010 for the 7 central universities.
In 2021, the Central government has directed the National Testing Agency to manage the CUCET exam and scale it up further so that it can cover all central universities and later other state universities, deemed to be, and private universities can also adopt this standard admission procedure.
In 2021, NTA has conducted the Central UniversitiesCentral Universities Common Entrance Test (CU-CET) for 12 participating Central Universities to fill the vacant seats in Undergraduate/ Integrated (UI) and Post Graduate (PG) programs. In 2022 NTA has revamped the CU-CET exam by including 45 central universities and also changed its name to CUET.
What is the Common University Entrance Test?
Common University Entrance Test, also known as CUET is a national-level combined competitive exam that will be conducted by the National Testing Agency to shortlist candidates for admission to Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and research programs in Indian Central, state, and deemed to be universities.
Now, similar to the Common Eligibility Test by NRA which is a single exam to get a central government job, CUET will replace all exams that were used to conduct for admission to central universities.
To begin with, the CUET exam will be conducted once for the 2022-23 session by the National Testing Agency for admission to 45 central universities. From the next session, it is proposed to be conducted twice a year for all Central Universities.
Some private universities have also shared their interest to adopt this admission process where initial screening of the candidates will be done through this exam.
What is the full form of CUET?
CUET full form in English: Common University Entrance Test.
CUET full form हिंदी में: “कॉमन यूनिवर्सिटी एंट्रेंस टेस्ट”
|Exam Name||Common University Entrance Test|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Year Started||April 2022|
|Exam Type||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Question Pattern||Objective type Questions with Multiple Choices|
|Exam Language||13 languages including Hindi and English|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Purpose||Shortlist candidates for the Undergraduate programs in the central, state. deemed to be, and private universities.|
|Exam level||12th class|
|Number of attempts||See Individual University criteria|
|Helpline phone number||011-40759000 or|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
CUET Exam date:
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|CUET Notification release date||26th March 2022|
|Starting of online application form submission||6th April 2022|
|Last date to submit the online application form||6th May 2022|
|Last date of fee payment||6th May 2022|
|Application correction date||Will be updated|
|Admit Card release date||June 2022|
|Exam date||1st and 2nd week of July 2022|
|Release of the Answer Keys||Will be updated|
|Final result and scorecard||Will be updated|
|Counseling||Will be updated|
CUET Application fees:
We have mentioned the application fee for different categories. The application fee can be paid online through Net-Banking, Debit/Credit Card, UPI, Wallet, etc while submitting the online application form.
The application fee has been increased for the CUET Undergraduate program and the fee will be charged for each slot as per the below information.
|Category||Slot I||Slot II|
|General||₹ 650||₹ 650|
|OBC (NCL)/EWS||₹ 600||₹ 600|
|SC/ST/Third gender/PwBD||₹ 550||₹ 550|
There are some centers outside of India. If candidates choose those centers then the applicable fee will be ₹ 3000 for each slot. GST will be charged extra as applicable.
CUET Exam Pattern:
The exam will be an objective type of test where students will get multiple choices to choose a correct answer. There will be three sections in the exam.
- Section IA & IB – Section I will be focused on testing the language proficiency of students.
- Section II – Questions in section II will test the student’s knowledge of domain-specific subjects.
- Section III – In this section general questions related to General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, and Quantitative Reasoning will be asked.
|Sections||Type of test||No of questions||Questions to be attempted||Duration|
|Section I||Section IA: 13 languages|
Section IB: 20 languages
|50||40||45 minutes for each language|
|Section II||27 domain-specific subject||50||40||45 minutes for each domain-specific subject|
|Section III||General test||75||60||60 minutes|
- There will be 2 language tests, 6 domain-specific tests, and one General test.
- Students can choose any language from 13 languages available in Section I and 20 languages available in section II.
- A Candidate can choose a maximum of any 3 languages from Section IA and Section IB if one language is their domain subject.
- Languages in Section I: Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu.
- Languages in Section II: French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.
- Candidates can choose any 6 out of 27 domain-specific subjects in Section II.
- All questions in Section II will be based on the class 12th level.
- If we talk about the medium of paper, the test will be conducted in 13 languages specified in section I
As per the latest notification on the NTA website, the exam will be conducted in two slots.
- Slot I (195 minutes (3:15 hours) – As per the specified duration, it is likely that 3 language tests of 45 minutes and a general test will be taken in the slot I.
- Slot II (225 minutes (3:45 hours) – As per the specified duration, 5 domain-specific subject tests may be included in Slot II.
According to different slots, the exam will be conducted in two shifts as mentioned below.
|Shifts||Exam timing||No. of test/subjects||Duration|
|Slot 1||09.00 AM to 12.15 PM (IST)||Up to 4||3 Hours 15 Minutes|
|Slot 2||03.00 PM to 06.45 PM (IST)||Up to 5||3 Hours 45 Minutes|
There will be a negative marking in this test and 1 mark will be deducted from the final score for each wrong answer. 4 marks will be given for each correct answer.
CUET Eligibility Criteria
There are no fixed eligibility criteria to attend the exam. Eligibility criteria for admission will be decided individually by all universities and they can set the eligibility criteria which suit their admission process. CUET will just provide a score that universities will use in their admission process.
Other criteria such as 12th class marks, reservation, etc can also be used by the universities. Please check the respective university website for the eligibility criteria for UG courses. Most of the universities will set 12th class criteria as 50% or 60% marks.
Age Limit: There are no age limit criteria defined by the NTA. All candidates who have cleared or currently studying in class 12th can attend the exam. Candidates must check the age limit criteria on the University website which will be taken into consideration while counseling.
Reservation criteria will be applicable as per the existing law of the government of India.
CUET 2022 admission process
There are some essential steps that need to be followed in order to successfully reserve a seat in any central university. Now the admission process for the central universities will be based on the below-given steps.
NTA has released the new information bulletin for the CUET 2022 (UG) admission exam on the official website. Students are advised to check all information in this official notification.
First of all the official examination controller agency (National Testing Agency) will release an exam notification on the official website. Candidates can visit the NTA website and check this notification which includes all updates and important information about the exam.
All related information such as exam pattern, eligibility criteria, the application process, exam dates, etc can also be found in the official notification. We advise all students to carefully read all instructions before proceeding with the online application.
ii-Fill the CUET online application form:
After checking all information available in the official notification candidates can apply online on the official website. All information that students will enter in the online application form must match with the information in their educational documents and identity proofs. Special precautions are highly recommended while filling out the online application form.
There will be four steps to submitting the application form.
- Register yourself on the official website https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/ and create a new account. Applicant must have a valid and working email ID and mobile number.
- After the registration, log in to the portal and fill out the online application form.
- Upload the required documents such as scanned signature and photograph copy.
- Pay the required application fee.
iii-Download CUET Admit Card:
Admit Card is likely to be released in the second half of June 2022. Candidates must check all dates related to the exam available on this page and download their Admit Card as soon as it is available to download on the official website. Generally, the National Testing Agency issues all Admit Card 15 days before the exam date so you may check the official website.
Students are advised to check that all details mentioned on the Admit Card must be accurate such as student name, category, address, etc, and call the helpline if there is any incorrect data that is not matching with their ID proof educational documents.
iv-Attend the exam:
The next step is to attend the exam. Candidates can visit the exam center which is mentioned on their Admit Card and attend the exam on the exam date. Please make a list of all documents and other materials that you will carry to the examination center in advance. After entering the exam center, A computer will be assigned to all students according to their Roll number written on the Admit Card.
v-Check the CUET Answer Keys:
After the exam, National Testing Agency will release the Answer Keys for the CUET exam. Candidates can log in to the official portal and check their answer keys. If a student found that any question attempted by him/her is correct as per their understanding but considered an incorrect answer accidentally by the NTA then they can challenge the answer key and submit a response online. Submitting a response sheet is a paid facility and candidates will have to pay Rs 200/- per question.
vi-Check your CUET Result and score:
National Testing Agency will release the final result a few days after the CUET exam along with the scorecard. Results will be available on the official website and candidates can visit the NTA website and check their CUET scores online. Releasing the result and scorecard was the last step that comes under the NTA’s responsibility and the next admission process will be handled at the Universities level.
vii-Attend the Counselling:
Now All universities will manage the further admission process and they can decide their own criteria or process according to their convenience. Universities will start their counseling session and students can participate in the counseling and try their luck to grab a seat in any good college in a reputed Indian university.
Students will submit their choices according to their college and university preferences and seats will be allotted based on the CUET score. Details about the counseling will be available on the respective university website.
Note: Universities have the right to decide their own admission process and they can use multiple criteria to prepare the final merit list. These multiple criteria may include but are not limited to CUET score weightage, 12th class marks, and any other criteria.
The benefit and features of the Common University Entrance Test
The benefit to students from all state boards:
Now students from all state boards will have the same opportunity. There are some education boards that are very strict on their marking system and they were not able to get any seats in the premier central university colleges such as Delhi University.
The criteria for admission to Delhi University demand a very high percentile and it is sometimes 100% for some specific courses in some colleges. Now, this system will be eliminated and students from any state board can try to get a seat.
A common exam for admission to all universities:
One major benefit that we found is that there is no need to write multiple examinations for admission to different universities in UG courses. All the admission will be based on a single common exam.
12th class percentage is no more important:
The older admission criteria which were totally based on the market got in the 12th class exam will not be considered now and students’ evaluation will be done through a common test.
This will provide the opportunity to students who were not able to get a high percentage due to several reasons such as stricter marking and lack of guidance and finance to take help of the coaching classes.
It will not be good news for the students of CBSE and ICSE boards students where they used to get better percentages due to very lenient marking. Now they will have to compete with students having a low percentage in the 12th class exam.
Equal opportunity for all students:
All students deserve a fair and equal opportunity when we talk about admission to India’s premier central universities. Now there are no percentage-based criteria for admission and all students will go through a common test that will evaluate students based on the score they get after attending the CUET exam.
A single Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
There will be a common syllabus and exam pattern for the CUET exam that will be valid for all students. All students can prepare according to the exam pattern and the latest syllabus which will be available for everyone on the official website.
CUET Score will be shared with private universities:
Currently, the CUET will be conducted for admission to 45 central universities including Delhi University (DU), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Jamia Milia Islamia, etc. Later it will be shared with interested private universities also. Some private universities have shared their interest take help of the CUET exam for their admission process.
News and Updates
March 30, 2022: UGC India tweeted through their official tweeter handle @ugcindia that “@ugc_india Chairman @mamidala90 today interacted with Vice Chancellors of State Universities of Gujarat. Several VCs welcomed the idea & willingness to adopt CUET.”
He further said, “He impressed upon VCs that it is the social responsibility of HEIs to relieve the students of the stress they face after passing their 12th Board Exams & requested them to adopt CUET.
CUET will be completely based on class 12 syllabus, no questions will be asked from class 11 course:UGC Chief Jagadesh Kumar
March 29, 2022: Mamidala Jagadesh Kumar, Chairman, University Grants Commission tweeted from his tweeter handle that “If all or some percentage of seats are reserved for local students in a state university, adoption of CUET for UG admissions will not change it. But local students will get exposure to a national test. State Univ VCs can contact UGC on queries about CUET.”
Update – 29th March 2022: A committee set up by Delhi University’s Academic Council approved DU admission through the CUET exam. They said that “It was decided that all admissions to all minority colleges will be done only through CUET. During centralized counselling, separate merit lists will be generated for UR (unreserved) and minority candidates as per the reservation policy.” So the new admission policy will not affect the minority admission in prestigious colleges such as St Stephen’s and Jesus and Mary College where 50% of seats were reserved for Christian minority students.
March 29, 2022: DU Info Media shared on Twitter that “University Grants Commission (#UGC) chairperson M Jagadesh Kumar on March 29 rejected the apprehensions that the Central University #Entrance Test (#CUET) will make board exams irrelevant.”
M Jagadesh Kumar said “Universities will still use board exams criteria and can set the minimum criteria to 60% or 70%. CUET is just eliminating the instances where students getting even 97 or 98 percent marks could not get admission to some good colleges.
March 28, 2022: “8 deemed to be universities are interested to use CUET for their admission process”, UGC Chairman M Jagadesh Kumar said on Monday, March 28. A list of universities is mentioned below.
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
- Jamia Hamdard
- Gandhigram Rural Institute
- Gandhigram, Dindigul Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra
- Gurukul Kangri, Haridwar
- Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad
- Avinashilingam Institute of Home Sciences, Coimbatore
- Ramakrishna Vivekananda Educational Research Institute, Kolkata
Drawbacks of CUET
Apart from all the benefits we have discussed in this article, This exam seems to release the pressure in boards exams to get 100 percentile for admissions in DU and other top universities but there are still some flaws and a lot of criticisms are happening all over India.
Improving the coaching culture:
It seems to favor the coaching culture and students who start preparing for the exam along with their 12th board exam get the benefit and can reserve a seat easily in good colleges. Students who belong to financially weaker backgrounds will not be able to afford the coaching fee and will not be able to get a seat as was the case in pure 12th class marks-based criteria.
Focus on test preparation rather than 12th class subjects:
This also leads students to focus more on the test preparation so that they can get a good cuet score. It will affect their 12 class examination and their preparation for the domain-specific subjects. Although the domain-specific subjects are also there in the CUET syllabus, students will focus more on the third section where they will have to put extra effort into preparing the new subjects such as general knowledge, reasoning, quantitative aptitude, etc.
Well-dedicated helpline service is available to resolve candidates’ queries. All students can take help through the below contact details.
|Phone number||011-40759000 or 011-69227700|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
CUET 2022 (UG) official website: Information related to the exam will be available on two websites
Official website: cuet.samarth.ac.in and nta.ac.in.
Registration of central universities:
NTA has opened a new window for the universities to register themselves on the NTA portal so that they can participate in the admission process carried out through the Common University Entrance Test. University officials can visit the https://www.nta.ac.in/cuetexam link to register the institution details. All types of institutions will be considered for the CUET 2022 including Central universities, State universities, Deemed-to-be universities, Private universities, and other
List of central universities for CUET (UG) 2022:
Please have a look at the below-mentioned list of central universities which will take participate in the Common University Entrance Test admission process for the 2022-23 session.
|Aligarh Muslim University||Assam University|
|Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University||Banaras Hindu University|
|Central University of Andhra Pradesh||Central University of South Bihar|
|Central University of Gujarat||Central University of Haryana|
|Central University of Himachal Pradesh||Central University of Jammu|
|Central University of Jharkhand||Central University of Karnataka|
|Central University of Kashmir||Central University of Kerala|
|Central University of Odisha||Central University of Punjab|
|Central University of Rajasthan||Central University of Tamil Nadu|
|Dr. Harisingh Gaur Vishwa Vidyalaya||Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya|
|Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University||Indira Gandhi National Tribal University|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya||Manipur University|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University||Mizoram University|
|Nagaland University||North-Eastern Hill University|
|Pondicherry University||Rajiv Gandhi University|
|Sikkim University||Tezpur University|
|The English and Foreign Languages University||Tripura University|
|University of Allahabad||University of Delhi|
|University of Hyderabad||Visva Bharati University|
|Mahatma Gandhi Central University||Central Sanskrit University, Delhi|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University||National Sanskrit University|
Frequently asked questions
How many times CUET exam is conducted?
Initially, The Common University Entrance Test will be conducted once in 2022 by the NTA and from 2023 it will be conducted twice a year for all participating universities.
Is CUCET tough?
Being a national-level exam, it will be tough to get a seat in premier colleges of central universities. But there will be an equal opportunity for all students now and all will compete according to the same criteria. Proper preparation before attending the exam is highly recommended to all students if they are really serious about getting seats in good colleges such as colleges in Delhi University or Banaras Hindu University.
What is National Testing Agency?
National Testing Agency is a central level organization developed by the Ministry of Education (MoE) to conduct all India level entrance tests for admission to different universities for multiple courses. Some of the popular tests conducted by the NTA are Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET), UGC-NET, CSIR-NET, and Common Management Admission Test (CMAT), etc.
Will admissions be based on CUET scores only?
Once NTA provides a CUET score it’s up to Universities to decide their admission process by taking the cute score into their consideration. Universities are allowed to decide the weightage they want to give to the cute score and other criteria. For example, universities can give 50% weightage to cuet and 50% to 12th marks, reservation, and other criteria.
What is the Samarth portal?
University Enterprise Resource Planning (SAMARTH) is an eGov suit that is designed and developed by IIC, Delhi university, and used by the Higher Education Institutions such as central and state universities.
It’s an open-source, secure, and scalable process automation software for universities. Samarth is built on SaaS architecture which can be scaled further. With the help of this ERP Higher education institutes (HEIs) and universities can automate most of their operations and save time and resources.
Samarth consists of 40+ modules through different packages such as Academics, University Facility, Account & Finance, Employee Services, Admissions, Governance, Recruitment, Data Management, and Base Modules.
Now the National Testing Agency will take the help of the Samarth automation platform to manage the admission process through the Common University Entrance Test (CUET). For this, a new sub-domain https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/ has been created and the Admission module of the Samarth software will likely be used for the entire process.
- Public Notice 06 April 2022, Sub: Inviting Online Applications for Common Universities Entrance Test [CUET (UG) – 2022] – Reg., National Testing Agency, Apr. 06, 2022, Accessed on: Apr. 06, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://cdnasb.samarth.ac.in/site/Public%20Notice-CUET%2006.04.2022.pdf.
- INFORMATION BULLETIN: CUET (UG) – 2022, National Testing Agency, Apr. 06, 2022, Accessed on: Apr. 06, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://cdnasb.samarth.ac.in/site/CUETUG2022IB.pdf.
- PUBLIC NOTICE, Common University Entrance Test CUET (UG) – 2022, Date: 02.04.2022, National Testing Agency, Apr. 02, 2022, Accessed on: Apr. 03, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://www.nta.ac.in/Download/Notice/Notice_20220402220420.pdf.
- PUBLIC NOTICE: CUET (UG) – 2022, Conduct of the Common University Entrance Test CUET (UG)-2022 for Under Graduate Programmes in Central Universities for the Academic Session 2022-23, National Testing Agency, Mar. 26, 2022, Accessed on: Mar. 27, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://nta.ac.in/Download/Notice/Notice_20220327205829.pdf.
- D.O No. 2-1712022 (CPP-II), Subject: Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for UG programmes in Indian Universities, UGC India, Mar. 27, 2022, Accessed on: Mar. 27, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/5196924_UGC-Letter-to-HEIs-regarding-CUET.pdf.
- PUBLIC NOTICE, Common University Entrance Test (CUET), UGC India, Mar. 21, 2022, Accessed on: Mar. 22, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/2328478_English.pdf.
- Central Universities – Common Entrance Test (CU-CET) 2021-UI (Undergraduate/ Integrated), National Testing Agency, Aug. 15, 2021, Accessed on: Mar. 31, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://cdnbbsr.s3waas.gov.in/s3d1a21da7bca4abff8b0b61b87597de73/uploads/2022/02/2022020741.pdf
- @ugcindia, @ugc_india Chairman @mamidala90 today interacted with Vice Chancellors of State Universities of Gujarat. Several VCs welcomed the idea & willingness to adopt CUET, Twitter, Mar. 30, 2020. Accessed on: April. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/ugc_india/status/1509100754879266817.
- @mamidala90, If all or some percentage of seats are reserved for local students in a state university, adoption of CUET for UG admissions will not change it. But local students will get exposure to a national test. State Univ VCs can contact UGC on queries about CUET, Twitter, Mar. 29, 2022. Accessed on: April. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/mamidala90/status/1508835604359880704.
- @suinfomedia, University Grants Commission (#UGC) chairperson M Jagadesh Kumar on March 29 rejected the apprehensions that the Central University #Entrance Test (#CUET) will make board exams irrelevant, Twitter, Mar. 29, 2022. Accessed on: April. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/duinfomedia/status/1508838932628221959.
- Process Automation Software for Universities, Samarth, [Online]. Available: https://samarth.edu.in.
- Notification – Admissions 2022-2023 – CUCET – DUCET, Delhi University, Dec. 20, 2021. Accessed on: Apr. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: http://www.du.ac.in/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=3393&cntnt01returnid=219