IBPS PO notification 2020: IBPS has released the official notification for the IBPS PO 2020 exam for the posts of Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee.
All candidates can check important details such as IBPS PO exam dates, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, and how to apply on this page.
Update (October 27, 2020): Ibps has increased the total number of vacancies for the IBPS PO 2020 exam. Canara Bank has announced 2100 new vacancies and UCO Bank also increased the total vacancies to 350. Now the total number of vacancies in IBPS PO 2020 is 3517 ((Common Recruitment Process for Recruitment of Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees in Participating Organisations- (CRP PO/MT-X for vacancies of 2021-2022), Institute of Banking Personnel, Oct. 27, 2020. Accessed on: Oct. 27, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.ibps.in/wp-content/uploads/DetailedAdvtCRPPOX23102020.pdf)). Please check all the vacancy details here.
Update (September 22, 2020): All candidates who have applied for the IBPS PO 2020 examination can download their Admit Card ((Common Recruitment Process (CRP) for Recruitment of Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees in Participating Organisations- (CRP PO/MT-X) Online Preliminary Exam Call Letter, Institute of Banking Personnel, Sep 22, 2020. Accessed on: Sep 23, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/crppo10jul20/cloea_sep20/login.php?appid=a7b1bed1c2f046cda451db8f089cea68)). Please check all information about how to easily check your IBPS PO Admit Card. at the given link.
Update (August 6, 2020): IBPS has revised the number of vacancies for the IBPS PO 2020 exam after the Bank of Maharashtra reported IBPS for new vacancies. Now IBPS will recruit 1,417 candidates as compared to the previous 1,167 vacancies. Check the vacancy details in the vacancy section below.
According to the latest notification by IBPS, IBPS PO preliminary exam will be held on 3rd, 10th & 11th October 2020 and the Main Exam on 4th February 2021. You can check the latest Sarkari Exams 2020 notification of all IBPS Exams from the linked page.
What is IBPS PO exam?
Institute of Banking Personnel-Probationary Officer exam commonly known as IBPS PO is a national level competitive exam conducted by IBPS to recruit Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee for the participating Public Sector Banks in India.
Selection in the IBPS PO exam is done through a Preliminary exam, Main Exam, and Personal Interview.
IBPS started the IBPS PO exam in 2011 and major banks in India take participate to recruit Probationary Officers through IBPS PO Exam. Most public sector banks like SBI associated banks, RBI, LIC, and insurance companies take participate in this exam.
IBPS PO Exam has become very popular in the last few years due to the large no of vacancies released by IBPS each year and candidates don’t need to appear for separate exams for each bank. Candidates get a chance to get a job in around 17 public sector banks from one exam. Check all upcoming bank exams 2020
IBPS PO Notification 2020:
IBPS PO notification 2020 has been released on 5th August 2020. All important details such as the number of vacancies, exam patterns, etc have also been released along with the official notification.
Candidates can download IBPS PO notification PDF given at the end of this post.
The online registration process has also started on the official website.
Also, Check SBI Clerk 2020 exam updated information at the linked post.
IBPS PO 2020 VACANCIES
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has increased the total number of vacancies for the IBPS PO 2020 exam after the announcement of 2100 fresh vacancies by the Canara Bank and revised vacancy shared by the UCO Bank. Please check all details in the below-given tables.
Each year a lot of candidates appear for IBPS PO Exam. Last year around 20 lakh candidates attempted the IBPS PO exam for getting a job opportunity in major public sector banks in India.
This year 1600+ vacancies have been released by the IBPS as per the official notification. Candidates will be hired for the Probationary Officers/Management Trainee position.
Last year IBPS has released a total of 4,336 Probationary Officers vacancies last year in 9 participating banks.
IBPS PO Vacancies 2020 are listed below:
|Sr. No.||Participating Organization||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total|
|1||Bank of Baroda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2||Bank of India||110||55||198||74||297||734|
|3||Bank of Maharashtra||37||18||67||25||103||250|
|5||Central Bank of India||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|7||Indian Overseas Bank||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|8||Punjab National Bank||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|9||Punjab & Sind Bank||14||6||21||8||34||83|
|11||Union Bank of India||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Vacancy for PWBD category 2020:
|Sr. No.||Participating Organization||HI||OC||VI||ID|
|1||Bank of Baroda||0||0||0||0|
|2||Bank of India||8||7||7||7|
|3||Bank of Maharashtra||0||6||2||2|
|5||Central Bank of India||0||0||0||0|
|7||Indian Overseas Bank||0||0||0||0|
|8||Punjab National Bank||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|9||Punjab & Sind Bank||0||0||0||0|
|11||Union Bank of India||0||0||0||0|
|Bank of Baroda||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank|
|Bank of India||Central Bank of India||Punjab National Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank|
You may also want to find IBPS RRB 2020 Exam complete information at the linked article.
IBPS PO Salary
Salary for IBPS Probationary Officers is the main factor for candidates to get into the banking job domain apart from security, lucrative perks, and allowances.
Candidates selected as a Probationary Officer will get Rs 23700/-.basic salary along with other allowances for house rent, medical expenses, travel, etc.
There are several increments that are added to the IBPS PO salary as an employee continues to work in the bank.
Please have a look at the IBPS PO Salary structure in India in the below table.
IBPS PO Exam Date 2020
You may check IBPS PO Exam Date 2020 in the below Table.
Examination dates have been officially released by IBPS so we have mentioned them here. We will update other details after the release of official notification.
|Activity||IBPS PO Exam Date|
|IBPS PO 2020 Notification||5th August 2020|
|On-line registration Start Date||5th August2020|
|On-line registration Last Date||26th August 2020|
|Download call letters for IBPS PO Pre- Exam Training||September 2020|
|Pre-Exam Training Date||21st September to 26th September 2020|
|Download call letters for Online Preliminary examination||22nd September 2020|
|Preliminary Examination Date||3rd, 10th & 11th October 2020 and supplementary exam on 5, 6 January 2021|
|Result of Preliminary Exam||14th January 2021|
|Download Call letter for Main Exam||25th January 2021|
|Main Examination Date||4th February 2021|
|Result of Main Exam||February 2021|
|Download call letters for interview||March 2021|
|Conduct of interview||March 2021|
|IBPS PO Final result||April 2021|
Also, read RBI Assistant 2020 exam complete details on the linked page.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
As per the IBPS official notification, A candidate must have a Graduation Degree in any discipline.
Age: As on 01/08/2020
- Minimum: 20 years
- Maximum: 30 years
A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1990 and not later than 01.08.2000 (both dates inclusive)
|Sr. No.||Category||Age relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|5||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Candidates applying for IBPS Bank PO Examination should be one of the following:
A candidate must be either –
IBPS PO Exam Pattern and Selection Process
As per the IBPS PO Exam Pattern, The IBPS PO 2020 exam will be a computer-based online test. It will be conducted in Tier bases like Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3.
- (i)- Tier-1 – IBPS PO Prelims exam
- (ii)- Tier-2 – IBPS PO Mains exam
- (iii)- Tier-3 – IBPS PO Interview
IBPS PO 2020 Preliminary Examination (Tier 1)
There will be three sections in IBPS PO preliminary examination named English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
Please note that in IBPS PO Exam there will be a sectional Cut Off and candidates will have to get minimum qualifying marks in each section as decided by the examination authority.
Detail information of each section is given in below table:
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam important Points:
- Candidates will have to attempt a total of 100 questions in a total time duration of 60 minutes.
- Total marks for this paper are 100
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer
- The penalty for each wrong answer is 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question
- Based on the performance of the preliminary exam, candidates clearing the cut-off will be invited to appear in the Main exam
IBPS PO MAIN Exam (Tier 2) 2020
IBPS PO Main exam will be an online computer-based test following by a Descriptive test.
IBPS PO Main Exam will consist of 4 sections named as Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General Economy & Banking Awareness.
A candidate can attempt one section at a time before moving to another section. The next section can only be attempted after the current section is completed.
Please find section-wise details in the below table:
|Sr. No.||Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Important Points:
- The duration of the Main Exam will be 180 minutes. Candidates need to attempt a total of 155 questions of 200 marks within 3 hours’ time duration.
- According to the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern, the total time allotted for the objective paper is 3 hours and the Descriptive test is for 30 minutes.
- There is a negative marking also in Main Exam and 1 fourth marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Questions in descriptive test will be based on Current Affairs
- Marks will be given according to the correct usage of grammar as well as the relevance of the content
- According to the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern, the duration of the paper has increased from 2 hours and 20 minutes to 3 hours and 30 minutes
- Descriptive Test is introduced recently in IBPS Main Exam
- Now the available time for the Objective Test has increased by 40 minutes.
- As per the latest notification, the number of questions in the Objective Test has increased up by 60 questions.
- Computer Knowledge section has been removed and combined with the Reasoning Section
After completing all four sections candidates needs to write a Letter and Essay in Descriptive paper.
A total of 30 minutes will be given for descriptive paper. The descriptive paper will of a total of 25 marks paper.
IBPS PO Interview (Tier 3):
Only those candidates who have qualified for the mains exam will be called for the personal interview. The total marks for the Interview are 100 and it takes around 15 to 20 minutes of time.
Interview panel will check the candidates knowledge related to the Banking, economy, and general awareness.
Minimum qualifying marks for the Interview are 40.
Candidates successfully clearing these stages are selected as Probationary Officers/Management Trainee to join one of the Public Sector Banks based on their preference and position in the merit list.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2020
Main topic in IBPS PO 2020 are General English Language, Quantitative Ability and Reasoning.
Download IBPS PO exam syllabus pdf from the below-given link.
How to apply online for IBPS PO 2020
The registration for IBPS PO Exam 2020 will be done online only on the official website and no other mode of application will be accepted. Please find below details about IBPS PO online application process.
IBPS PO Application Fee:
The category wise application fees for the IBPS PO 2020 Exam are given below. The application fee can be paid online from 5th August to 26th August 2020.
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|2||General and others||Rs. 850/-|
Prerequisites before applying online:
Please check following points before applying online for IBPS PO 2020.
- Candidates must have a valid email id and a working mobile number
- Candidates must have scanned photograph having 20-50 kb size and 200-230 pixel dimension.
- Candidates must have a signature scanned image having a file size of 10-20 kb and the dimension must be 140-60 pixels.
- Candidates must have a left-hand thumb impression and hand-written declaration scanned image.
- Candidates must have the required information, card details, etc for online fee payment.
Complete Step by Step process to submit online application:
- Step #1-Candidates can visit the official website of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection here.
- Step #2-Select CRP Probationary Officer section available on the left side of the homepage or click on the latest floating advertisement.
- Step #3-Now you will come on the CRP PO Cadre page. In that, click the link “Click here to apply online for common recruitment process for Probationary officers/ Management Trainee-X (CRP PO/ MT-X)“.
- Step #4-Now click on “Click here for New Registration”.
- Step #5-Enter the basic details and click on the submit button.
- Step #6-Now you will receive a unique registration number and password through email and SMS.
Now the first part of the Online Registration process has completed. You can move ahead for the second part
- Step 7-Now, enter the login details you got in Email and SMS in the existing candidate login section.
- Step 8-Upload scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature.
- Step 9-Select the Bank’s priority according to your choice to join any Bank.
- Step 10-You can select the IBPS Pre-Exam Training option if you are eligible and interested.
- Step 11-Make online fee payment using Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- Step 12-After successful transaction, an e-receipt will generate on the screen.
- Step 13-Finally, Click on the submit button.
Now take a printout of IBPS PO 2020 Online application & e-receipt for future use.
IBPS PO Admit Card / Call Letter for Preliminary and Main Exam
Candidates can download the IBPS PO Admit Card from the official website ibps.in in the month of September. We will also inform you once the admit card is available to download.
You will get some information in the admit card like The Centre, venue address, date and time for both Online Preliminary and Online Main examinations and interview.
No hard copy of the call letter/ Admit Card will be sent by post/ courier. There will be an additional call letter for Scribe for the Online Main Examination.
Steps to download Admit Card:
- Step 1: Go to Official Website of IBPS i.e ibps.in/
- Step 2: Click on Call Letters Link.
- Step 3: In the new window, enter your Registration Number/Roll Number and D.O.B./Password. Also, fill the Captcha Box.
- Step 4: Click on the “SUBMIT” button.
- Step 5: IBPS PO Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. You can save the Admit Card in Pdf format or print the same as per your choice.
IBPS PO Result
IBPS PO result 2020 will be declared by IBPS in April 2020. We will update you about the exact date of availability of the IBPS 2020 Result. Please find below the general process to check IBPS Result.
Steps to check IBPS PO Result:
- Step 1: Click on the link mentioned “IBPS PO Result”.
- Step 2: Now fill your roll number and date of birth
- Step 3: IBPS PO Prelims result will be displayed on the screen.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Analysis
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Analysis 2020: Good Attempts
The preliminary exam for IBPS PO will be conducted online and has 100 questions which should be attempted in 60 minutes duration.
Candidates will have to attempt 100 questions by managing the 60 minutes time according to each section, Reasoning (35 Ques), Quantitative Aptitude (35 Ques), and English (30 Ques).
IBPS PO Exam Analysis for Reasoning
Most Questions in IBPS PO 2019 were asked from Puzzles and Seating Arrangement, Coding-Decoding & Direction Sense.
IBPS PO Exam Analysis for Quantitative/Numerical Ability
IBPS PO English Language Analysis
Main topic was Reading Comprehension & Error detection.
IBPS PO Cut off
Please download IBPS PO previous years cut off from the below given link,
You may also want to check: