Education Ministry of India seeks suggestions from Schools, Principals, Educational Institutes for the implementation of National Education Policy in India.
Earlier, Union Cabinet has approved the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 on 29th August 2020 and a 5+3+3+4 curricular and pedagogical structure has been proposed:
- Foundational Stage (age 3-8 years): 3 years of pre-primary plus Grades 1-2
- Preparatory Stage (8-11 years): Grades 3-5
- Middle Stage (11-14 years): Grades 6-8
- Secondary Stage (14-18 years): Grades 9-12.
NEP recognizes the importance of teachers as teachers truly shape the future of our children – and, therefore, the future of our nation. The successful implementation of NEP requires the participation of teachers at all stages.
Therefore, keeping in view the critical and crucial role of teachers, the Ministry of Education decided to get the views/suggestions/comments of Principals/ Head Teachers/Teachers on the implementation of various recommendations of NEP.
The views/suggestions/comments received will form an integral part of the implementation plan of NEP-2020. This underlines the importance of the teachers in the system and the role they are expected to play for providing 21st-century skills and holistic education to children.
Education Ministry has shared few guidelines for the Participation in the discussion.
- Teachers, Principal, Head Teachers from any Government/Government Aided/Private unaided schools may participate in the discussion.
- Ministry of Education has also prepared theme-wise questions set on recommendations of National Education Policy and suggestions can be given on various themes/subjects.
- Ministry said that these grass-root level suggestions/views/comments will help in the effective implementation of the National Education Policy.
- Participants are required to register themselves on the platform by filling a simple registration form.
- Start Date: 24th August 2020
- End Date: 31st August 2020 (11.59 PM)