Odisha Balaram Yojana 2022| Balia Yojana apply online
Check all details about the Balaram Yojana in this article. We will share important details such as how to apply for the scheme online? What are the benefits of the scheme and what are the eligibility conditions to apply for this scheme? Request you all to read this article completely so that all important information can be viewed by you.
Odisha Balaram Scheme
Department of Agriculture and Farmer’s Empowerment, Govt of Odisha has started a new scheme known as Balaram (Bhoomihina Agriculturist Loan And Resources Augmentation Model). Under this scheme, the farmers of the state who don’t have any land will be given financial assistance by the government through loans.
Now all farmers who are not able to manage their daily expenses due to their low income will get Financial relief from the government. The government will provide loan facilities to those farmers through the collaboration of the NABARD bank. The incentives will be directly paid to the beneficiary bank account.
|Name of the Scheme||Balaram|
|Full form||Bhoomihina Agriculturist Loan And Resources Augmentation Model|
|Beneficiary||All Odisha farmers who do not own any land|
|Department||Department of Agriculture and Farmer’s Empowerment|
|Nodal agency for Scheme implementation||Institute on Management of Agricultural Extension (IMAGE)|
|Purpose||To provide financial assistance and incentives to Krushak Sathi|
The main objective is to provide loan facilities to migrant workers especially those who are landless and marginal farmers to help them financially as due to the Covid-19 crisis everyone needs support. So it is the government’s responsibility to help sharecroppers and landless farmers indirectly strengthen the agriculture sector.
Under this scheme, a Joint Liability Group (JLP) will be formed of 5 farmers and all five farmers will jointly get the loan. The government will also appoint Krushak Sathi to assist the farmers and help them through the entire process. Odisha government aims to finance 5 lakh sharecroppers in a 5 years duration through the Balaram scheme. Around 1 lakh JLP will be formed covering 5 lakh farmers.
As per the recent government data, about 18.6% of operational holdings are being operated by sharecroppers out of which 93.2% are small and marginal farmers.
Features of the scheme:
The government will use the Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA) platform to facilitate crop loan financing to sharecroppers in a more focused manner.
- The Odisha farmers who are in the farming field must be a part of the JLG (Joint Liability Group) of 5 farmers and a JLG group will get a maximum of Rs 1.60 lakh loan amount as per the RBI guidelines.
- The eligibility of the loan amount will further depend on the CIBIL score.
- The government will appoint the local farmers as Krushak Sathis who will assist the farmer’s group in the documentation, and loan process from the bank.
- They will also be given the task to check the needs of the sharecroppers and accordingly make a group of such farmers through the Gram Panchayat as per their load needs.
- Krushak Sathi will also get the data related to the current landless and small farmers so that they can identify the actual needy farmers. Krushak Sathi will also find other farmers who are currently not in the database.
- It is also important to pay the loan amount so Krushak Sathi will get this extra responsibility to help the farmers in timely repayment and will get the incentives of Rs 2000/- per JLG 3 tranches by NABARD i.e. Rs 1000/- on the formation of the group & financing by banks; Rs 500/- on repayment of the loan by the JLG and finally Rs 500/- on refinancing.
Note: As per the latest guidelines from the NABARD bank the incentives given to the Krushak Sathi have been increased from 2000 Rs.to 4000 Rs
All farmers who are fulfilling the below-given eligibility conditions can apply for the scheme.
- Members should belong to similar socioeconomic statuses, and backgrounds and agree to form a JLG.
- All members must be a citizen of Odisha and be known to each other so that they can manage a joint loan and trust each other.
- Any member who has any bank default in past will not be eligible for the scheme.
- Only one person from a family will be included in a JLG
How to apply for the scheme?
The Balaram scheme will be implemented at the Gram Panchayat level so all farmers need to contact the Gram Panchayat. Block Agriculture Officer/AAO at the Block level will assign the Krushak this and will guide you about this scheme. So please contact the Block Agriculture officer to apply for the scheme.