Karnataka government provides different types of free bus pass to the citizens residing in the state. All citizens can get a pass if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
What is an e-pass?
An e-pass is a way to provide financial support to the students, Physically Challenged, and poor citizens and people can freely travel through different government channels with the help of the e-pass. All state government provides different types of the bus pass, train pass, metro pass, etc, and help their citizens.
Now Karnataka government has integrated most of the facilities in their Seva Sindhu portal and e-passes are also provided through that.
List of the Seva Sindhu e-Pass
Below is a list of bus passes that can be received through an online application.
- Issue of Bus Passes to School Children – NEKRTC
- application of Renewal of Bus Passes to Physically Challenged-NEKRTC
- Issue of Free Bus Pass for Blind Person
- Issue of Free Bus Pass to Freedom fighters
- Application for Issue of Bus Passes to Physically Challenged
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – PUC
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – Upto 10th (State)
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – CBSE/ICSE
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – Degree/Professional/Technical/Medical/Evening/PhD
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – Special Schools
How to get a student bus pass online?
You may follow the below steps to get the Student bus pass. You may get the Seva Sindhu epass for others with a similar online application method.
We are sharing the process to get CBSE/ICSE student bus pass from the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation.
Must be a student from Recognised institution from Education Dept/university/govt.concerned/board, etc
Information/ Documents required:
- Applicant Photo
- School/College Fee Receipt
Application Fee :
|1 to 7th||Free|
|8 to 10th (Boys)||600/- Rs|
|8 to 10th (Girls)||400/- Rs|
|11 to 12th||900/- Rs|
|All SC/ST Students||Free|
Service Charge (Free for Online Submission): Rs.200
Delivery Time (Days): 7 days
The process to apply:
Step #1: Open the official portal or app and click on the “Department & Services” link.
Step #2: On the next page enter “bus pass” in the search box provided on the top right side and click on the search icon.
Step #3: You will see a list of the bus epass services available under the below-given different government departments.
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation
- North Eastern Karnataka Road Transport Corporation
- North Western Karnataka Road Transport Corporation
- Transport Department
- Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation
You may apply for any department bus pass as per your requirement and locality.
Step #4: Click on the “Issuance of Student Bus Pass – CBSE/ICSE” link under the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation department.
Step #5: On the next page, you will see some important instructions.
Read all the instructions carefully and click on the “Apply Online” button.
Step #6: On the next page, you will find a login page on the screen. Now log in using your login id and password.
If you are a first-time user then you will have to first register yourself on the portal.
Step #7: Complete the online application and upload the required documents. After the verification by the nodal officer, you may schedule your delivery of the bus pass.
Step #8: Collect your student bus pass on the scheduled date at the scheduled place. You will also receive important communication on your mobile number.
- Diploma certificate online application process
- Seva Sindhu e-pass application process
- All details about Karnataka one portal
- Seva Sindhu covid-19 relief for unorganized workers
NOTE: Currently student bus pass facility is not available. Students can apply for the pass after the re-opening of schools and colleges. After clicking on the apply online button we are getting the below notification on the screen.
I hope that this article is useful for you. Please share your views in the comment section below.
Find all details about the Seva Sindhu portal in the linked article.