Karnataka government provides different types of a free bus pass to the citizens resides in the state. All citizens can get a pass if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
What is an e-pass?
An e-pass is a way to provide financial support to the students, Physically Challenged, and poor citizens and people can freely travel through different government channels with the help of the e-pass. All state government provides different types of a bus pass, train pass, metro pass, etc and help their citizens.
Now Karnataka government has integrated most of the facilities in their Seva Sindhu portal and e-passes are also provided through that.
List of the Seva Sindhu e-Pass
Below is a list of bus passes that can be received through an online application.
- Issue of Bus Passes to School Children – NEKRTC
- application of Renewal of Bus Passes to Physically Challenged-NEKRTC
- Issue of Free Bus Pass for Blind Person
- Issue of Free Bus Pass to Freedom fighters
- Application for Issue of Bus Passes to Physically Challenged
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – PUC
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – Upto 10th (State)
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – CBSE/ICSE
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – Degree/Professional/Technical/Medical/Evening/PhD
- Issuance of Student Bus Pass – Special Schools
How to get a student bus pass online?
You may follow the below steps to get the Student bus pass. You may get the Seva Sindhu epass for others with a similar online application method.
We are sharing the process to get CBSE/ICSE student bus pass from the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation.
Must be a student from Recognised institution from Education Dept/university/govt.concerned/board, etc
Information/ Documents required:
- Applicant Photo
- School/College Fee Receipt
Application Fee :
|1 to 7th||Free|
|8 to 10th (Boys)||600/- Rs|
|8 to 10th (Girls)||400/- Rs|
|11 to 12th||900/- Rs|
|All SC/ST Students||Free|
Service Charge (Free for Online Submission) : Rs.200
Delivery Time (Days) : 7 days
Process to apply:
Step #1: Open the official portal or app and click on the “Department & Services” link.
Step #2: On the next page enter “bus pass” in the search box provided on the top right side and click on the search icon.
Step #3: You will see a list of the bus epass services available under the below-given different government departments.
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation
- North Eastern Karnataka Road Transport Corporation
- North Western Karnataka Road Transport Corporation
- Transport Department
- Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation
You may apply for any department bus pass as per your requirement and locality.
Step #4: Click on the “Issuance of Student Bus Pass – CBSE/ICSE” link under the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation department.
Step #5: On the next page, you will see some important instructions.
Read all the instructions carefully and click on the “Apply Online” button.
Step #6: On the next page, you will find a login page on the screen. Now login using your login id and password.
If you are a first-time user then you will have to first register yourself on the portal.
Step #7: Complete the online application and upload the required documents. After the verification by the nodal officer, you may schedule your delivery of the bus pass.
Step #8: Collect your student bus pass on the scheduled date at the scheduled place. You will also receive important communication on your mobile number.
- Diploma certificate online application process
- Seva Sindhu login process
- Seva Sindhu e-pass application process
- All details about Karnataka one portal
- Seva Sindhu covid-19 relief for unprganized workers
NOTE: Currently student bus pass facility is not available. Students can apply for the pass after the re-opening of schools and colleges. After clicking on the apply online button we are getting the below notification on the screen.
I hope that this article is useful for you. Please share your views in the comment section below.
Find all details about the Seva Sindhu portal at the linked article.