Check all the latest information related to the SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria on this page. Candidates can find important details such as Educational qualification, Age limit, age relaxation for reserved categories, and other criteria. Candidates must check all information related to the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer recruitment process.
SSC Stenographer notification
Staff Selection is the official examination controller to manage the entire recruitment process from form release of the notification to final result and document verification. Staff Selection Commission has released the official SSC Stenographer notification on 10th October 2020. All important information related to the Eligibility for the SSC Stenographer exam was also published along with the official notification.
We are sharing the exact official eligibility criteria below which was mentioned in the notification issued by the SSC.
- SSC Stenographer exam date 2020-2021
- SSC Stenographer exam pattern 2021
- SSC Stenographer online form filling process
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
Staff Selection Commission is responsible to set the eligibility condition for the stenographer failing which candidates will not be able to attend the exam. The official eligibility criteria consist of three parts.
- Educational qualification
- Age limit
All parts are equally important and candidates must have all basic requirements to be eligible for the exam.
The criteria related to nationality are given below.
A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962
Candidates must have passed their 12th class examination.
|Post||Age limit (as of 01.08.2020)||Summary|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||18 to 30 years||Candidates born after 02-08-1990 and before 01-08-2002 can apply|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||18 to 27 years||Candidates born after 02-08-1993 and before 01-08-2002 can apply|
Age benefits for reserved candidates: Reserved candidates will get some relaxation in the Age criteria according to their reserved category. Age relaxation criteria are given below.
|Code No.||Category||Age relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|05||PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service|
Age criteria after adding the reservation benefits:
|Category||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Stenographer Grade ‘D’|
|SC/ ST||18 to 35 years||18 to 32 years|
|OBC||18 to 33 years||18 to 30 years|
|PwD (Unreserved)||18 to 40 years||18 to 37 years|
|PwD (OBC)||18 to 43 years||18 to 40 years|
|PwD (SC/ ST)||18 to 45 years||18 to 42 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||18 to 33 years||18 to 30 years|
Other criteria for the Stenographer Grade ‘D’ post:
If you wish to apply for the Stenographer Grade ‘D’ post in the Border Roads Organization (BRO) then you must fulfill some other requirements mentioned below.
- Only male candidates are eligible to apply in the Border Roads Organization.
- Due to the high intensive tasks performed while working in the BRO candidates will go through the Physical Standard, Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards.
- Test will be conducted at the GREF centre, Pune
- Physical efficiency test – Candidates must complete a one mile running test within 10 minutes.
- Medical standard – All candidates must maintaine a good physical fitness. Candidates will have to clear the Medical test which will be examined by medical officer. For more details you may check the official notification link which is available at the reference section below.
- For more information about the SSC Stenographer 2020 -2021 exam you may check the linked article.
- Official SSC Stenographer notification – 10th October 2020. https://ssc.nic.in/SSCFileServer/PortalManagement/UploadedFiles/notice_Steno_10102020.pdf