Tnreginet online portal provides many services to the citizens residing in the Tamilnadu state. Marriage registration is one service where a lot of people apply for registrations on a daily basis.
Table of contents:
- How to apply for Tnreginet marriage registration online in 2022?
- Check the marriage registration status
Now registration process has been made online through the Tnreginet portal and anyone can submit the marriage registration application.
In this article, we will show you how to submit a marriage application and download a marriage certificate.
|Name of the portal||Tnreginet|
|Name of the service||Marriage registration|
|Service mode||Online and offline|
|Beneficiary||All citizens in Tamilnadu state|
|Purpose||Online registration of marriage|
Types of marriage registration available on the Tnreginet portal:
Registrations for the below-given types of marriages can be done online on the Tnreginet portal.
- Hindu Marriage
- Tamilnadu marriage
- Tamilnadu Muslim marriage
- Special marriage
How to apply for Tnreginet marriage registration online in 2022?
Please check the complete step-by-step process given below. We will show you the Hindu Marriage registration process. The registration process for other types of marriages is also the same.
Hindu Marriage registration guidelines:
Please check the guidelines before starting the online registration process.
- The Bridegroom and Bride must be Hindus, Buddhists, or Sikhs for Hindu marriage
- The bridegroom must be 21yrs old and the Bride must be 18yrs old.
- Proof of Marriage such as a marriage invitation card
- Residence, and Age proof such as employer’s ID, Ration card, Driving License, Passport, etc must be provided for both the Bride and the Bridegroom.
Step #1: Log in to the portal
First of all, you will have to log in to the portal by using your login credentials which you got after the registration.
Fill in your user name, password, and captcha code and click on the “sign-in” button.
Note: If you have not registered yet you may check the Tnreginet article to read about the registration process.
Step #2: Create an application
Now navigate to Registration > Marriage registration > Hindu Marriage > Create Application. A new registration page will open.
Step #3: Enter Husband’s details
On the next page, you will have to click on the proceed for registration button. After that, you will have to enter your husband’s details in the application form.
Fill in the below-given Husband’s details.
- Select the marriage date
- Enter Name, Date of Birth, Age, Religion, caste
- Marital status (at the time of marriage)
- Address details such as country, state, district, Pincode
- Father’s name, age, address
- Husband’s mother’s details
After filling in all details click on save and then click on the Next button.
Step #4: Enter Wife’s details
On the new page enter the wife’s details such as
- Personal details
- Fathers details
- Mothers details
Again click on the save and next button.
Step #5: Enter Witness details
On the next page, you will have to fill in the witness details.
- Enter witness name
- fathers name
- mothers name
- witness address
After that click on the add button and again add another witness’s details. A total of 3 witnesses is required for the Hindu Marriage registration.
Step #6: Enter other details
Now enter other details such as Solemnized by Parents if applicable. If Solemnized by someone else then please enter all details
- Place of marriage
- Act under which the marriage was Solemnized
- Select the Sub-registrar office where the marriage is being registered
- Enter the number of copies of the marriage certificate required
- Applicant details
- Enter mobile number and email id
Step #7: Enter NRI details (if applicable)
If the Husband or Wife is NRI then enter NRI details such as.
- Passport number, Passport issued by, Passport valid up to
- Enter the Visa details
- Residentials address
- If a Permanent resident then enters the Social Security number.
Click on the save and next button.
Step #8: Enter Proof details
Enter Husbands proof details such as
- Proof Type and the identification type
- Enter the Identification Number
Click on add button and add the wife’s proof details.
Step #9: Acknowledgement
After submitting the proof details your application is created. You will see an acknowledgment page. You may take a printout of this acknowledgment and proceed with the payment.
Step #10: Payment
Now you can pay the required fee online. Check the fee details and click on the Pay Now button if you want to pay the fee now. Select the payment mode offline or online and select the mode of payment. Complete the payment.
After the payment, you can print the application form.
After that, you will have to initiate a token for the appointment at the sub-registrar office.
Complete the further process by providing all necessary details and appointment time and date.
You can also download the appointment pdf and take a printout of it.
Check the marriage registration status
To check the status of the marriage registration login on to the Tnreginet portal and Navigate to the Registration > Marriage registration > Search application from the top menu.
You can see the marriage status under the status tab.
Thanks for reading this article. Please let us know if you found this article helpful.