Check below the complete step-by-step UGC NET online application process for June 2021 exam.
Update (10th August 2021): Finally UGC NET June 2021 cycle application process has started. Candidates who were not able to fill their application form for the December 2020 cycle can also fill their application form because both cycles have been merged now.
Candidates can apply for the June 2021 exam by visiting the official exam conducting authority website in “Online” mode only. Applications submitted through other mediums such as by post or courier will not be accepted.
Online application submission and online fee payment can be done until 6th September 2021. National Testing Agency will conduct the UGC NET June 2021 exam from 17th to 25th October 2021.
Prerequisites before apply online:
Candidates must have the below-mentioned documents/Information before proceeding with the online application process.
- Candidates must have a valid e-mail id and working mobile number.
- Scanned photograph in jpeg format with a Size of file should be between 10kb–200 kb
- signature (with black ink). The Signature image should be in .jpg format with a Size of file should be between 04kb-30kb
- Scanned copy of educational documents including Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, and Date of Birth.
- Any valid ID proof such as Voter id Card, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Bank Passbook, etc.
- Last semester marks sheet or qualifying Degree Certificate.
- Examination center codes of 4 cities and code of the subject at post-graduation level, NET Subject, Code of Post-graduation course.
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges.
- Mailing Address as well as Permanent Address with Pin Code
- Category Certificate, if applicable.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Certificate, if applicable.
- The person with Disability (PwD) Certificate, if applicable.
Generally, the UGC NET online application process will complete in the 4 steps:
- Registration for the exam
- Online Application form filling
- Uploading the Required documents
- Online fee payment
UGC NET apply online: Step-by-step process.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Step #1: Visit the official website
Visit the official NTA website to start the application process. Scroll down the page to check the latest notifications.
Here you will see the online application form notice stated “Application Form UGC-NET December 2020 and JUNE 2021“.
Click on this link to start the online application process.
Step #2: First-time registration
On the next page, you will see two columns stating “NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION” and “ONLY REGISTERED CANDIDATES SIGN IN”. Click on the “NEW REGISTRATION” button under the “NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION” column.
If you have already registered on the UGC NET portal then you can directly login on the right-side login form by using your Application No. and Password.
Step #3: Check all information for the online application
On the next page, You will get all important information related to the online application form submission such as the Application Fee, How to pay the application fee online, Instructions about how to reset the password, etc.
Read all information carefully and click on the “CLICK HERE TO PROCEED” button at the end of the page.
Step #4: Fill the online Application form
On the next page, an online application form will open. Complete the online application form by filling in all the required details carefully.
After completing the first step (registration) candidates will get a system-generated Application No. Save this Application number for future processes.
Step #5: Upload the Photograph and Signature image
Upload the Photograph and signature image as per the instructions given in the official notification.
The size of the photo image must be between 10 kb – 200 kb.
The signature must be in Black ink only and the size of the Signature image must be between 04 kb – 30 kb.
Both images must be in jpeg format.
Step #6: Online fee payment
Complete the online fee payment through Debit/ Credit Card or Net Banking/ Paytm.
The last date for fee payment is 3rd March 2021.
After the online fee payment, an “e-Receipt” will be generated. Please take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form for future reference.
Also, Note down the Application number printed on the complete online application form for future purposes.
Important article related to the NET exam:
- NET Exam date
- UGC NET Cut Off
- NET Eligibility Criteria
- NET exam pattern
- UGC NET syllabus
- UGC NET Admit Card
- NET result
- Please check the eligibility criteria before submitting the application form online.
- Only one application form must be submitted by a candidate.
- The application fee paid once will not be refunded.
- To avoid any kind of inconvenience such as server hang-up issues or websites not working, candidates are advised to submit the online Application Form without waiting for the last date.
- Select the correct category in the Category column.
- Subject code and city code must be filled correctly.
- Take a print-out of the submitted application form.
Information about the online application fee is given below. The application fee is different for different categories.
|SC/ST/ PwBD candidates||250/- +Transaction Charges +GST|
|General EWS, OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|General candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
Instructions for the candidate’s Photograph:
- The photograph must be a recent passport size color photograph taken on or after 01.03.2020.
- Spectacles are allowed only if being used regularly.
- Applications with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- There is no need to be attested to the photograph.
- Candidates must use the same passport size photograph at the Examination Centre which was used for uploading with the Online Application Form.
Instructions for the candidate’s Signature:
- The candidate should use black ink on a white paper and write signature in running hand.
- Signature file size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Don’t write your full name in capital letters in signature box.
- Application form without any Signature will get rejected by the agency.
Common Services Centres
If candidates are facing any kind of difficulty in submitting the UGC NET Online application form then they may take help from the nearest Common Services Centres. There are around 1.5 lac common services centers across the country. Candidates can visit the nearest common services centers and complete their online application process by paying some additional fees. Additional fees are mentioned in the below table.
|S. No.||Services||Service Charges per transaction (GST applicable @ 18%)|
|1||Preparing e-mail, Submission of Application form & Printout till Fee Payment (Including uploading of Scanned Images)||Rs 25/-+GST|
|2||Uploading of Scanned Images only||Rs 10/-+GST|
|3||On line payment of Fee||Rs 0.5% of Fee +GST|
|4||Downloading of Admit Card/ OMR Answer Sheet/Answer Key||Rs 10+GST|
|5||Online claim for Responses/ Answer Key||Rs 25+GST|
|6||Printout per page||Rs 5+GST|
Candidates may click on the http://csc.gov.in to know more about the Common Services Centres.
Check all details about the NTA UGC NET 2021 June exam in the linked article.