Please check complete NDA eligibility criteria like Nationality, UPSC NDA Age Limit, NDA Eligibility 12th Percentage, Gender, Marital Status, Minimum NDA Qualification, and Physical Standards.
Candidates are advised to check the criteria before filling up the application form. Please have a look at the complete information below.
UPSC NDA 1 Eligibility Criteria 2021
A candidate must be unmarried male and must be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
(b)-NDA Eligibility – Age Limit 2021:
The NDA Eligibility – Age limit criteria for NDA 2021 is mentioned in the below table:
NDA Eligibility – Age limit 2021
|Exam||NDA Age Limit||Date of Birth Criteria|
|NDA 1 2021||15.5 years to 18.5 years||02nd July 2002 to 1st July 2005|
|NDA 2 2020||15.5 years to 18.5 years||January 02, 2002, to January 01, 2005|
- Minimum age of a candidate to apply for NDA 1 2021: 15.5 years
- Maximum age limit as per NDA 1 2021 criteria: 18.5 years
(c)-Gender and Marital Status:
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for the NDA exam. Married candidates are not eligible for the NDA exam.
(d)- NDA 1 Qualifications 2021:
Please find below NDA 1 qualification 2021 details.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:—12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are currently appearing in the 12th Class may also apply for the NDA examination.
NOTE 1: Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
(e)-NDA Physical Standards
Candidates looking forward to joining the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy examination must be physically fit according to the physical standards given in the guidelines.