What is MyGeisinger Patient Portal? How to login to the Geisinger My Chart account page and access Bill Payment and other related services? How to use the mobile app? What are the benefits of this portal and what type of important services can patients access online? Check all updated information in this article.
Table of contents:
- What is Geisinger My Chart?
- Geisinger My Chart Login
- How to recover the MyGeisinger username and password?
- Geisinger MyChart Sign-Up process
- Benefits of Geisinger MyChart
- How can I pay Geisinger’s medical bill?
- Patient Helpline
What is Geisinger My Chart?
Geisinger My Chart also known as MyGeisinger Patient Portal is an online portal designed to provide all useful patient-related services online. Patients can log in to their accounts through the online website or mobile app and easily access all available services.
This portal has been developed in partnership with MyChart which is a healthcare product of the EPIC’s System Corporation and a leading Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. Geisinger got the MyChart license and created the MyGeisinger patient portal after customizing the MyChart portal as per the specific requirements of Geisinger patients.
Patients can use the MyChart mobile app for a more convenient option and pay their medical bills, access health records, schedule an appointment online, etc.
|Name of the portal||MyGeisinger Patient Portal|
|Developed by||Epic Systems Corporation|
|Purpose||To help patients by providing online access to all healthcare services|
|Beneficiary||All patients of Geisinger Health|
Geisinger My Chart Login
To access any services through the My Geisinger portal, patients can log in online on the official website or mobile app. Before login in, we want to share some guidelines that are very useful in order to securely access your account. Please have a look below.
- Patients must register a MyGeisinger account and create their login username and password.
- Patients must have a secure or personal device such as a personal smartphone, laptop or tablet, etc.
- Patients must use a properly working and reliable internet connection from a trusted internet service provider.
- Patients must have the correct URL of the official login page.
Above mentioned guidelines are not necessary to follow but are required to make a secure and seamless login experience.
Now we can move to the login process. There are three ways to log in.
- Login on the direct website login URL
- Login on the MyGeisinger mobile app
- Search the MyGeisinger login page on the MyChart official website
1-Login on the MyGeisinger patient portal:
Step 1: Visit the official MyGeisinger web page on the Geisinger Health website.
Step 2: On this page, click the Sign In link to open the login page (as shown below).
Step 3: You will find the username and password entry field on the login form. Enter your username and password and press the Sign In button to access your account.
2-Login through the MyGeisinger mobile app:
A mobile app has been developed and all patients can download the app and log in to their accounts.
Mobile app benefits:
There are many benefits of using the mobile app as mentioned below.
- Access MyChart account on the go. Patients can view their health records and other related information anytime anywhere.
- Patients can use advanced biometric login security features such as fingerprint scan and facial scan login.
- Mobile apps are easy to use and use advanced security features to protect the patient’s data.
How to download the mobile app?
Patients can download the mobile app directly from the official website with the help of the below steps.
- Visit the MyGeisinger patient portal web page on the official website.
- Click the Download MyChart mobile app link under the popular pages section.
- On the next page, patients will find links to both Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Click the app link that is compatible with your smartphone. The mobile app page will open the respective store app.
- Download the mobile app by clicking the Install button.
Log in to the mobile app:
After downloading the mobile app, users can log in to their accounts.
- Open the mobile app on your smartphone.
- A login form will appear on the mobile screen.
- Enter your MyChart username and password in the login screen and tap the Sign In button to access the MyChart dashboard page.
3- Search the Login URL on the MyChart official website
If patients do not have access to the correct URL of the MyChart login page then they can search for the login link through the MyChart product website. Please follow the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the official MyChart product website of EPIC System Corporation.
Step 2: On the homepage, click the Access MyChart link. A search form will appear on the screen.
Step 3: Type “Geisinger” in the search space to view the search results (as shown below).
Step 4: As you can see above, MyGeisinger Login and Sign Up are available on the screen. Click the Log-in link to open the MyGeisinger login page.
Step 5: Now patients can easily access their account by using their username and password.
How to recover the MyGeisinger username and password?
Sometimes users forget their login credentials. In this type of situation, a username and password recovery facility is available to help patients. patients can easily recover their accounts by using the below-given simple steps.
Steps to recover Mychart username:
1- Open the MyGeisinger web page and click the Forgot username link.
2- On the next page, a username recovery form will appear on the screen.
3- Fill out this username recovery form and submit your request. You will soon receive your username on your registered email address.
Steps to reset Mychart password:
A password reset option is also available. Please follow the below steps to create a new password.
1- Open the MyGeisinger web page and click the Forgot password link.
2- On the next screen you will get three options.
- If you have already set up recovery options then click the Yes link.
- If you don’t have any recovery option setup then click the No link.
- Click the I’m not sure link if you have no idea about recovery options.
Note: In recovery options, you will have to set up your working and valid mobile number or email address to receive a security code that will help you to reset your account password.
3- If you choose the Yes option then you will have to enter your username on the next screen and you will receive a security code on your registered email address. Enter this security code on the next screen and create a new password.
4- If you choose the No option then you will have to first set up recovery options and after that, you can reset your password.
Geisinger MyChart Sign-Up process
All new patients can create a new patient account on the MyGeisinger patient portal and access all important services available to them. Online registration facility is available for all 18 years or older patients. Please check the below steps.
- Visit the MyGeisinger patient web page.
- Click the Create account button.
- A new registration form will appear on the screen.
- Fill out this user registration form.
- If you have your activation code then you can instantly activate your account and create your username and password.
- If you don’t have your activation code then you can request an activation code. Once you got your activation code, you can activate your account and create a new username and password.
Benefits of Geisinger MyChart
There are many benefits of this portal and patients can use all important services to get the best care experience with a lot of conveniences.
Pay medical bills:
With the help of the Geisinger Bill Pay portal, patients can pay their bills anytime, anywhere through online mode. This portal is specifically designed to provide a seamless and convenient billing experience.
Appointment scheduling has been made very easy now by implementing the scheduling facility directly through the Geisinger My Chart account. Patients can search for the Doctors availability and book an appointment accordingly as per their convenience.
Access Lab results:
Lab results are made available in the MyChart account as soon as they are released from the respective Lab. Patients can check their MyChart account and view their Lab test results along with the Doctors note.
Send a message to providers:
Patients can use the in-built secure communication facility in the MyChart account. Patients can send a secure message to their provider and ask any question related to the treatment or Lab test results, etc.
Patients can log in and view their medications and also request prescription renewals if required directly through the MyChart portal.
Get proxy access to family members:
If someone is having a MyChart account and want to access the MyChart account of family members then they can send a proxy request directly through the MyChart portal.
View your Electronic Health Record:
Patients can log in and manage their accounts on the go and access their medical records anytime. It’s a great facility and patients can even give access to their data to other providers.
How can I pay Geisinger’s medical bill?
Geisinger has a separate portal Geisinger Bill Pay powered by VisitPay to manage the medical billing process. VisitPay is now a part of Entri Pay but patients don’t need to do anything and they can access their account through the same login URL.
There are two ways to pay medical bills.
- Pay as a guest
- Pay after login into the Geisinger Bill Pay portal.
Pay as a guest:
- Visit the Geisinger Bill Pay portal.
- There is a login form on the right side.
- Click the Make a one-time payment link located below this login form.
- On the next page, a guest payment form will appear.
- Enter the Patient’s Medical Record Number, Guarantor’s First and Middle name, last name, and date of birth.
- Select the Terms check box and click the Continue button.
- After the account verification, use the online bill payment facility to pay the required medical bill.
Pay after login into the Geisinger Bill Pay portal:
In this method, you must have your account on the Geisinger Bill Pay portal. If you don’t have an account then you can create a new account by visiting the registration page https://www.geisinger.visitpay.com/Registration
After creating an account, visit the bill payment portal and login into your account by using your username and password. After login in, you can check the complete billing summary.
Patients can make a one-time payment through their account or they can take the advantage of the long-term financing facility offered by Geisinger. Patients will also be able to view payment history from their accounts.
Patients can Update or change insurance information and will receive electronic bills through their online account.
Note: Your MyChart account is different from the Geisinger Bill Pay account.
For any kind of MyChart-related issue such as sign-up, sign-in, resetting your password, recovering your username, etc please contact the Patient Portal Service Desk at 570-214-0003.
Medical billing assistance:
For any type of assistance related to billing, patients can call 800-640-4206 Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Submit a support request:
Patients can also submit a support request through an online form. The support staff will revert within 2 business days. Please follow the below steps to submit your request.
- Visit the support request web page.
- Fill out the request form by entering all required details such as your name, phone number, type of problem, and your issue, etc.
- Type your issue and press the Submit Ticket button.
|MyGeisinger web page||https://www.geisinger.org/mygeisinger|
|MyChart new registration page||https://apps.mycarecompass.org/MyChart/Registration|
|Username recovery page||https://apps.mycarecompass.org/MyChart/usermaint|
|Password reset page||https://apps.mycarecompass.org/MyChart/Password|
|Request access to family member MyChart account||https://www.geisinger.org/mychart-secure|
|Provide parental access to children 13 to 17 years old||https://www.geisinger.org/mychart-secure/parental-access-13-to-17|
|Support request form||https://www.geisinger.org/mychart/issue-help/form|
|Guest bill payment page||https://www.geisinger.visitpay.com/authentication/guest|
|Geisinger Billing portal||https://www.geisinger.visitpay.com/ OR|
What type of My Geisinger health plans are available for patients?
To know more about the health plans offered by Geisinger, please log in to your account and check the plans specifically available for you.
Patients can visit the https://www.geisinger.org/health-plan/sign-in web page and view the health plans after login into their account.
Patients can also visit the https://www.geisinger.org/member-portal/plan/plan-benefits-costs web page to know more about the health plan benefits, coverage, costs, etc.
What type of payment plans are available?
To know more about the different payment plans, patients can log in to the Geisinger Bill Pay portal or call the Patient Service Call Center at 800-640-4206.
Different types of Financial assistance are provided for those payments who are not able to pay their bills.
Patients can choose monthly payment plans for as low as $25 monthly payments. Please visit this page to know more about payment plans.
How to search for a provider?
Patients can search for a doctor or provider through the official website according to the provider’s name, specialty, or condition. Just visit the provider search page at https://providers.geisinger.org/.
There is a search form on this page. Type the provider name or specialty or condition and hit the search button. A list of all Doctors will appear on the screen.
Patients can sort this list according to Best Match, Availability, A-Z, or Z-A. Patients can search for a location through the left side panel and the list will show you the Doctors nearest to their location.
Patients will also get other sorting options such as.
-Providers accepting online appointments.
-Available to accept New Patients.
Provider’s address, office phone number, and online appointment booking link are available in each doctor’s listing. Patients can also view the ratings and reviews of other patients, doctors’ experience, Certifications, education, etc.
Can I disable MyGeisinger account?
Yes, All patients can call Patient Portal Service Desk at 570-214-0003 or submit a support request online to disable their account.
How can I view my Lab test results?
Lab test results are available through the Geisinger MyChart portal. Login to your account and visit the Test & Lab Results page through the link available at the top side of your patient dashboard page.