western governors university student portal login, account access, and other related information will be discussed in this article. If you are a student and don’t know the correct URL to log in or facing difficulty in accessing your account then you may read this article to check all available possible solutions.
What is the WGU Student portal?
WGU student portal is a customized version of the WGU portal that is customized in a way to provide the necessary information and communications tools to help them succeed in their academic courses. Students can easily access different courses, education calendars, student communities, and synchronous and asynchronous communication tools and their links.
Students can also download the MyWGU mobile app which also provides all essential academic services to students including other services as well such as library access and student handbook.
WGU student portal login
In order to login into the WGU student portal students must take note of the below requirements:
- Students must be registered on the student portal.
- You must have created a unique username and password to access your account.
- You are accessing the portal from a safe device.
- You are using a working internet connection.
There are two ways to access your WGU students account.
- Log in to the online website
- Login through a mobile app
1-WGU Login to the online website:
Login steps: You can follow the simple login steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Visit the official WGU website.
Step 2: Click the Student login link located at the top and footer menu or click the direct student login link https://my.wgu.edu/
Step 3: You will be redirected to a login page.
To access your WGU student account, Enter your Username, Password in this login form and hit the Sign-On button.
2-western governors university login through the WGU mobile app:
You can also access your student account through my WGU mobile app. Please follow the below steps.
- Open the Google play store or Apple app store and search for the WGU mobile. Alternatively, search WGU mobile app on Google.
- After the search, You will find the mobile app links.
- Click the Install button to download the WGU mobile app on your smartphone.
- After downloading finished, open the app on your smartphone.
- Enter your username and password to log in and access your student account.
Students can access all available services and features through the mobile app. This mobile app is in sync with the online portal so if you make any changes to the online website then those changes will be shown in the mobile app as well. Your online course also will be resumed where you left last time.
We are also sharing the direct links below to download the mobile app.
How to reset the password?
In case you don’t remember your student login password then you can reset it with the help of the below steps.
- Open the WGU student portal login page.
- There are two links to reset the password. Click the Student link.
- On the next page, enter your username and click the Next button.
- You will receive an email on the email ID associated with the username.
- Open your email ID and click the password reset link.
- On the next screen, create a new password for your student login account.
How to create a new student account?
If you don’t have a student account then you can create one by following the below steps.
Step 1: Open the student login page and click the Create an account link located on the login form. You will be redirected to the WGU enrollment portal. You can also visit the direct link http://studentclaim.wgu.edu/
Step 2: You will be redirected to the new account creation page. Now enter your First name, Last name, and Application PIN, and click the Next button.
Step 3: On the next page, answer any three security questions that you can remember easily and click the Next button. These answers will help you to recover your account.
Step 4: On the next page, you will see a system-generated username. Note down this username and enter your password two times. After that click the Next button.
Your application process has been completed and you can now login to the WGU student portal by using your username and password.
Note: You can create a student account only if you have filled out an admission application form and paid your admission fee. If you have not submitted an admission application then you can visit the admission form page and fill out this form.
How to retrieve the application PIN?
Application PIN is a six-digit code that you will create while submitting the admission application form. This PIN will be used to create a student account. You will also get an email including your application PIN. If you forgot your PIN then check your email. If you still don’t find your PIN then you may follow the below steps to retrieve your PIN.
- Click the retrieve your 6-Digit Application PIN link.
- On the next page, enter your email address which you have entered in your application form, and click the Submit button.
- You will receive an email on your registered email ID including your application PIN.
WGU Academy login
WGU Academic login is different from the WGU student login. Students can follow the below steps to log in and access their academic accounts.
Step 1: Open the WGU Academy login page at https://academy.wgu.edu/login. A login form will appear on the screen.
Step 2: Enter your Email ID and Password in this login form and click the Continue button to access the WGU Academy portal.
WGU Student Portal review
Once you log in to your student portal, you will find quick links in the top menu.
- Courses – heck the information about the courses you have enrolled in and how many you have completed.
- Degree plan – Click this link to check your degree plan overview including Competency units on-time progress, completed terms, etc.
- Success centers – Find different helpful resources here such as All success centers, Library, Writing Center, student success center, career & professional development center, Well connect, Math center, professional learning guide, etc.
- Student support – Students will get links for different types of support services such as student services, IT service desk, assessment services, financial services, student life, and WGU contact information. The student life link will redirect you to other helpful pages where students can apply for the fellow night owl scholarship, access the WGU Alumni community, refer students to WGU, check students discounts, etc.
- WGU contact – If you click the WGU contact link then the contact details including email address and contact numbers for different services such as student services, IT service desk, financial services, student accounts, assessment services, term break, accessibility services, enrollment, orientation, student success center, career services, etc will be shown.
Students will find the term progress link just below the menu which shows how many days are left to finish the remaining courses.
The program progress report is available after term progress which shows the tentative date of the completion of your graduation program.
Below that students can access the latest news, courses, and community links.
To know more about the Student portal of WGU university, you may check the below video.
Western Governors University
Western Governors University is famous for its online courses and degree programs. Different types of courses are available online along with a well-managed and easily accessible digital learning solution. As per the continuing year by year success WGU is fulfilling its objective of providing education to everyone as all students deserve a good quality education. WGU is also fulfilling its objective to provide education as per the student’s own schedule and without any limited timeline.
In case of any emergency, students can reach out to the below contact details.
|Text or call||(385) 428-3102|
|Phone number||(877) 435-7948|
|Student Support Center||1-877-435-7948|
|IT Service Desk||1-877-435-7948|
|Official WGU university website||https://www.wgu.edu/|
|Student portal link||https://www.wgu.edu/student-portal.html|
|WGU Student Portal login page||http://my.wgu.edu/|
|WGU Academy login page||https://academy.wgu.edu/login|
|WGU student account registration||http://studentclaim.wgu.edu/|
|Password reset page for students||https://myid.wgu.edu/identityiq/external/forgotpassword/forgotPassword.jsf|
|Password reset page for employees||https://iiq.wgu.edu/iiq/external/forgotpassword/forgotPassword.jsf|
|Retrieve application PIN page||https://myid.wgu.edu/identityiq/external/student/forgotapplicationpin/forgotApplicationPin.jsf|