Capital One/Walmart card apply, apply for Walmart credit card with bad credit, Walmart credit card application, Walmart credit card pre-approval, capitalone.com Walmart card apply
Walmart Credit Card is a store credit card that is used to make purchases at the Walmart store and online Walmart website. Customers may also get a Mastercard that allows them to use their credit cards outside Walmart. Customers will get many benefits such as rewards points, cashback, and discounted products exclusively for cardholders, which helps customers to shop confidently at Walmart.
Table of contents:
- How to Apply for a Walmart Credit Card?
- Walmart credit card pre-approved offers
- Benefits of Having a Walmart Credit Card
- Fees and Charges Associated with the Walmart Credit Card
- Walmart Credit Card Approval and Rejection
In this article, we will share different ways to apply for Walmart store cards and step-by-step processes for each method. We will also share how to get pre-approved for the Walmart store credit card. Other information such as benefits, features, and fee details will also be available in the article. We will also share some tips to increase your chances of approval.
How to Apply for a Walmart Credit Card?
If you are looking for information about the online application process or want to get the exciting benefits these Credit cards offer then you may check the Credit Card application process below.
To apply for a Walmart Credit Card, you must fulfill the required eligibility criteria. These eligibility criteria are set by Capital One which is the official issuer of Walmart Store credit cards.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must have a U.S. mailing address.
- Applicant must have a valid Social Security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
If you meet these criteria, you can follow the below steps to apply. There are multiple application methods you can follow.
- Apply online through the Capital One website.
- Apply online through the Walmart website.
- Apply In Walmart Store.
- Apply over the phone.
Apply online through the Capital One website
Walmart rewards card application process can be completed online through a few simple steps.
Step 1: Open the official website https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/walmart-rewards/. after clicking this link you will see all information on both Credit Cards such as benefits, fees, online reviews, etc.
You may also check how much you can save through the online calculator available on this page.
Step 2: To start the online application process you will get two options (as shown in the below image).
- See If I Am Pre-Approved
- Apply Now
Step 3: First you must check If you are pre-approved for the Walmart Rewards Card. For that just click the See If I Am Pre-Approved button. A new online form will appear on the screen (as shown below).
Through this form, the system will check the pre-approved eligibility criteria for you by pulling your Credit Report. You will have to fill out this online form by sharing all required information such as personal information, income-related details, etc.
After filling in all information click the See if you’re pre-approved button located at the end of this form. The system will verify all information and tell you if you are pre-approved or not.
Step 4: Apply Online: After that, you can click the Apply Now link to start your online application. On the next page, you will see a basic comparison of both Credit Cards. Initially, you will be considered eligible for Capital One Rewards MasterCard.
If not approved then you will be automatically considered for the Capital One Rewards Card.
Step 5: Click the Continue to My Application button located below. You will be redirected to an online Credit Card application form (as shown below).
Step 6: Fill out this application form carefully by providing all correct information and a valid address and complete the rest of the process.
After the approval, your Credit Card will be delivered within 7 to 10 business days to your address.
Apply online through the Walmart website
- Visit the credit card page on the Walmart website https://www.walmart.com/cp/walmart-credit-card/632402.
- Click the “Apply Now” button.
- On the next page, you will have to log in to your Walmart account.
- If you don’t have an account then create a new account and apply again.
- After login, your application will be processed through Capital One.
The difference between applying through Walmart website is just that you will have to log in to your Walmart account otherwise application process is the same and straightforward.
Apply In Walmart Store
You can also apply for the card in-store by visiting the customer service desk at any Walmart location. Just visit the nearest Walmart store and ask them to submit your Walmart credit card application. You must provide them with your personal information, SSN, ZIP code, and other required details.
Please carry any other credit card if you have to improve the approval probability. In some cases, your store credit card gets approved on the same day and you can use that to make purchases right away at the Walmart store.
Apply over the phone
You can also apply over the phone, You will have to call the customer service line and ask them about your interest and if you are willing to submit an online application. The customer service representative will be connected once you say “apply for a credit card” and you can submit your application very easily.
All processes required you to share your personal and financial details during the credit card application. You will have to share your name, address, social security number, income details, employment details, loan, etc details.
Walmart credit card pre-approved offers
You can also check online if you are pre-approved for a Walmart store credit card. It is a good idea to check pre-approval criteria before submitting the complete application. Checking your pre-approval offer also does not impact your credit score. Let’s check out the step-by-step process below.
Walmart credit card pre-approval on the Walmart website:
Step 1: Visit the official Walmart card web page https://www.walmart.com/cp/walmart-credit-card/632402.
Step 2: Click the “See if I’m pre-approved” on this page.
Step 3: On the next page, enter your email ID and log in to your account.
Step 4: Follow all the instructions and check if you are pre-qualified.
The main benefit of this process is that you get instant status whether you are pre-approved or not. If you are pre-approved then you can submit a complete credit card application.
Note: We will see if you are pre-approved for the Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard®. If we are unable to pre-approve you for this card, we will automatically consider you for the Walmart Rewards® Card.
Walmart credit card pre-approval on the Capital One website:
You can also check the pre-approval status on the Capital One website. Please check the below steps.
- Visit the Walmart Rewards card page on the Capital One website https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/walmart-rewards/.
- Click the “See if I’m Pre-Approved” link.
- Fill out the complete online form.
- Press the “See If You’re Pre-Approved” button to see your offers.
In most cases, you get an instant result and you can submit a credit card application if you are pre-approved.
Benefits of Having a Walmart Credit Card
The Walmart Credit Card offers many benefits including, rewards benefits, discounted products, etc that make this card a good choice for those customers who regularly shop at Walmart. Some of the benefits are mentioned below.
Discounts and Rewards: Customers will get a 5% discount on all credit card purchases made at Walmart stores and on the Walmart website. Walmart also gives you a check for the amount you earned through rewards or you can apply them as a statement credit, or you can use them in any purchase.
Exclusive Deals and Promotions: Cardholders receive exclusive deals and discounts on some products that are available for them only. These deals come throughout the year.
Convenience: Walmart rewards card also makes it convenient to pay for purchases by just swiping your card. You can also add it to your Walmart Pay app and pay for your purchases.
Zero Liability Protection: The Walmart Credit Card offers zero fraud liability in case of fraudulent activity or if the card is stolen. You will not be responsible for any unauthorized transactions on your credit card.
Fees and Charges Associated with the Walmart Credit Card
Apart from a wide range of benefits, Walmart Credit Card comes with different types of fees also that you will have to pay.
- Purchase, Quick Cash, and Transfer APR: a variable rate of 17.99% or 28.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Cash Advance APR: 28.99% variable.
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you, none for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
- Cash Advance Fee: greater than 3% or $3.
- Annual Fee: $0.
To avoid or minimize these fees and charges, it’s important to pay your balance on time and in full each month. Additionally, it’s important to understand how interest rates are calculated, as they can significantly impact the amount you pay in interest charges.
Walmart Credit Card Approval and Rejection
If you are looking forward to applying for the Walmart credit card then you must be aware of the application approval process. There are many factors that affect your credit card rejection and approval. Once you submit your application, different types of criteria such as your credit score, income, past purchases, employment status, etc are taken into consideration to decide your creditworthiness. After the approval, you receive your new credit card within 7-10 days through Mail.
If you want to improve your chances of approval then you may try the following suggestions.
- It is very important to maintain a good credit profile.
- You must have a better credit score.
- While submitting the application, please double-check all the information you have entered and edit if there is any inaccurate date. This will help speed up the application process and increase your chances of approval.
- Always pay your loan or any other financial product monthly payment before the due date.
- If rejected then you can again try after some time.
- You must be located inside 50 United States, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, or a U.S. military location.
- Your monthly income (Your disclosed total annual income divided by 12) doesn’t exceed your monthly rent/mortgage payment by at least $425.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- Don’t apply again within 30 days.
- If you have any past due with Capital One bank, please clear that due first.
- Please ensure that there is no credit security freeze or credit lock implemented by you with one or more of the credit bureaus. It may prevent Capital One from accessing your credit profile.
- If you are using another capital one credit card then ensure that you are not spending over the offered credit lie.
Just try to improve your credit score and apply or you may apply for a secured credit card and improve your credit score and later you can apply for a Walmart credit card.
There are other credit cards in the market that are easy to get even if you have a bad credit score. For example Avant credit card, Fortiva credit card, Indigo credit card, etc. These cards will help you to increase your credit score.
Finally, we have shared all possible methods to apply for the Walmart store credit card in this article. Please let us know your views or you may share your comments and suggestions through the comment section below. Also, share this article if it helps you to find the information you are looking for.
Thanks for reading this article.