American Express Gift Card is a great way to use it for shopping or gifting purposes. Anyone can buy a physical gift card and use it or Mail it to friends or family members. A digital gift card is also available to use that can be used to send via email.
If you got an American Express gift card then you will have to activate it before using it. An online activation facility is also available. There are multiple methods available to activate American Express Gift Card. Let’s check out all the available methods.
American Express Gift Card Activation
You can activate your Gift Card at balance.amexgiftcard.com or by calling the toll-free number listed on the back of your Card. You will need to provide your Card number, valid thru date, and security code located on the back of your Card.
We recommend that you record the following information in case your Gift Card is ever lost or stolen: Gift Card number, 4-digit Card Identification Code on the front of the card, and the expiration date.
How to use an American Express gift card?
Use your Gift card online or offline to purchase anything as per your convenience.
Please check the balance of your American Express Gift Card and ensure that it is more than the entire cost of the purchase, including taxes. Please note: some transaction types require a hold of up to 20% above the purchase amount. See your Cardholder Agreement for more information.
- Select ‘Credit’ or ‘Debit’ as the payment method (Do not select ‘Gift Card’)
- In the Payment Method section, enter the card information as you would a credit or debit card
- In the Billing Address section, please fill in your name and address
- Ensure enough balance on your gift card.
- To use your Gift Card along with another form of payment, just tell the cashier how much you want to apply to each payment type.
- Swipe your Card and select Credit on the keypad.
Your American Express eGift Card can also be used in-store to pay when added to digital wallets: Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
- Open the Wallet/App on your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, including entering your card number manually or taking a picture of your plastic card.
What if the Amex Gift card is not able to pay the entire bill?
If the Bill of your entire purchase is exceeding your American Express Gift Card Balance then you can pay the rest of the amount by using any second payment method such as Debit/Credit card, net banking, etc.
It also depends on the merchant and what type of payment method the merchant accepted. A split payment facility is not available with all merchants.
How to check your American Express Gift Card Balance?
It’s a good idea to check the Amex Gift card balance before making the payment for your purchases. It will be useful if the merchant is not accepted the split payment. Please follow the below steps to check your gift card balance.
- Be sure to know your balance before you shop. Simply go to balance.amexgiftcard.com and enter your Gift Card’s 4- digit Security Code located on the front of the card, Expiration Date, and Card Number.
- OR Check your balance by calling 1-888-846-4308.
How to buy American Express Gift Card?
Gift cards are available to purchase on the official website. Participating retailers can also provide your Amex Gift Cards. You can buy American Express Gift Cards online at amexgiftcard.com. You can also buy them at participating retail stores.
Amex gift Card features
There are many benefits. Some important points are mentioned below.
- Use this Gift Card at merchants that accept American Express® Cards in the U.S.
- This Gift Card has no fees after purchase.
- This Gift Card can be sent via email.
- The funds on this Gift Card do not expire.
Amex Gift Card helpline
Please contact the helpline at 1-833-205-8622 in case of any type of issue.
Can I use American Express Gift Card at ATM?
American Express Gift Cards cannot be used at ATMs nor can you get cash back from any of your purchases. You can not use it to withdraw money from any ATM.
Why My card is declined while making a payment?
If you do not have sufficient funds to pay for your purchases but you are using it to pay the bill then your transaction will be declined. Please make sure to get enough funds in the Gift card balance.
What re the charges for the Amex Gift Card?
Amex gift cards are completely free from any type of charge. Just purchase a gift card and use it anytime anywhere without thinking about paying any further fee,