Walmart Money Card online application process, new account registration, and the card activation process will be shared in this article. We are going to share the step-by-step guide. Please read this article to find the latest methods with easy steps.
Walmart Money Card is similar to a Debit Card where you will open an online banking account which the Green Dot Bank will service. Customers will receive a Mastercard-powered debit card that they can use to shop at the Walmart store and earn cashback on all types of purchases. Customers can also use this as a saving account where they will receive interest also on their deposited money.
If you want to get all benefits of the Walmart Money Card then you can apply online. The application process facility is available through the official website. Please check the below details.
How to apply for Walmart Money Card?
Anyone can apply for the Walmart MoneyCard as per the below criteria.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- The applicant must be of 18 years or older age.
- Applicant must have a valid and working email ID and Mobile number.
- Applicant must not be subject to tax withholding
Online Application process:
Step 1: Visit the official website https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/ and click the Sign Up Now or Open an account link available on the homepage.
Step 2: An online application form will appear on the screen (as shown below).
Step 3: Now applicant can fill out this online form by entering all required information such as Name, Address, ZIP code, Mobile Number, Email ID, SSN, date of birth, etc.
Step 4: Click the Continue button after entering all details. On the next page, you may need to verify your mobile number and email ID.
- Walmart Money Card login and other info
- Walmart Money Card app download, login, reviews
- How to add money and check the balance to Walmart’s money card account?
Get a card by visiting the Walmart store:
Customers can also visit any Walmart store and ask the representative to issue a Walmart Money Card. The store person will verify your identity and give you a Walmart MoneyCard package. It contains a limited-use Starter Card.
After identity verification, customers can register an online account and use this temporary card for purchases. Customers can add funds to the temporary card and use it for purchases, ATM transactions, or other cash withdrawals.
Customers will receive a personalized card after 2 weeks through Mail and your limited-use starter card will stop working.
How to register a new account and activate Walmart Money Card?
All cardholders must create a new account if they want to access all available services available for them. If you just received your new card then visit the official website and complete your registration and card activation process.
Please check the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the official website and click the Register & activate it here. An online registration form will be available on the screen (as shown below).
Step 2: Enter your new card details such as 16-digit card number, card expiry date, and CVV number (3-digit security code on the back of your card), and press the Next button.
Step 3: Provide some more information to verify your identity such as
- Date of birth
- 3-digit security code (found on the back of your card)
- Mobile phone number
You’ll have to create a PIN for your new card that will be used to withdraw money from an ATM and authenticate online transactions.
Step 4: In the next step, you will have to verify your mobile number by entering the authentication code sent to your mobile.
Step 5: After the mobile verification, create a new unique Username and Password for your account and your Registration will be completed.
How to get an additional card for Family members?
All primary cardholders can apply for up to 4 family members’ accounts. The family member will also receive another card through Mail that will be associated with the same account.
- Family members must be 13-18 years old.
- The card can be ordered through the Walmart Money card mobile app
- Members can not access the personalized card account directly but the personalized cardholder can access the family member account.
- Only 4 cards can be applied for one account.
- Primary cardholders can keep track of the usage of all family accounts and the family accounts will also receive the same benefits such as cashback, interest, insurance, and security.
- You can send money to the family member’s account and the member can also send money to the primary account through the mobile app.
How to apply?
The primary cardholder account must be activated to apply for a family card.
- Download the MoneyCard mobile app on your smartphone.
- Open the mobile app on your smartphone and go to settings -> Family accounts.
- You will see an online form to add a family member. Enter the name, SSN, date of birth, email address, and other details as required.
- Submit this form for verification purposes. After the verification, you will receive your family member card within 7 to 10 business days.
- You will have to activate this card separately. Just download the mobile app on the family member’s smartphone and activate the new card.
|Online application for new Money Card||https://secure2.walmartmoneycard.com/enroll|
|New account registration link||https://secure.walmartmoneycard.com/register|
|Card activation link||https://WalmartMoneyCard.com/activate/|
Frequently asked questions
How can I add money to a family member’s account?
You can transfer money to a family member’s account by logging into the mobile app. Navigate to Pay -> Send Money and enter the member details such as email ID or phone number and send the amount you wish. Member can also load money by using direct benefit deposit, bank transfer, cash load, etc.
Is there any fee associated with the family account?
There is no monthly fee applicable to the Family account. Other types of fees will be applied similar to the primary card account.
Can I order more than one card?
Yes, A person can order more than one personalized card but it depends on Walmart how many cards they want to issue.
Is there any minimum balance requirement?
There are no minimum balance requirements to apply for the Walmart Money Card but there will be a %5.94 fee applied only if your account balance goes below %500. Other fees and charges will also be applicable.
Do I need a good credit score?
There is no credit score requirement to apply for a Walmart Money Card. Anyone above 18 years of age can apply for this card. Walmart does not report the account details to credit bureaus and there will be no impact on your credit profile.