How to pay Amex credit card bills through the online account, Mail, Phone number, etc? What are the important payment instructions and guidelines every customer must follow?
Please read below for the updated information and step-by-step processes of all payment methods.
Table of contents:
- How to pay the American Express credit card bill?
- Amex credit card interest, charges, and penalties
- How to avoid extra charges and penalties on Belk credit cards?
- Customer service
- Log in here and pay your credit card bill OR
- Login to the Amex app and pay your bill OR
- Make a phone payment by calling 1-800-472-9297.
- Mail your check or Money order to the below address
|First Class Mail||American Express|
P.O. Box 650448
Dallas, TX 75265-0448
|Express Mail||American Express|
Attn: Express Mail Remittance Processing
20500 Belshaw Ave.
Carson, CA 90746
How to pay the American Express credit card bill?
If you are using an American Express credit card and looking for an easy option to pay your card bill then you have visited the right place.
We are sharing different ways to pay your credit card bills through easy step-by-step processes. You may choose any one payment method at your convenience and make payment on your credit card.
- One-time online payment
- Mail payment
- Phone payment
- Payment through the Amex app
- Other options
i-One-time online payment:
An online payment option is available for all customers where customers can make a one-time credit card payment online through the Amex website.
Online payment facility is available 24/7. Please follow the below steps to make a payment through the online website.
- Visit the login page on the official website.
- Enter your User ID and Password and select Cards and Banking from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Remember Me check box and press the Log In button to access your account.
- After login, Select the “Make a Payment” option.
- Select your bank account to pay the required bill.
- Choose the amount you’d like to pay from the given options minimum payment, full statement balance, or any custom amount.
- Select the payment date, and verify all the information you have entered.
- Finally, confirm your one-time payment.
ii-Mail a payment:
Customers can issue a check or Money order payable to American Express and send a Mail to the below-mentioned payment address.
First Class Mail
P.O. Box 650448
Dallas, TX 75265-0448
Attn: Express Mail Remittance Processing
20500 Belshaw Ave.
Carson, CA 90746
- Please make sure to include your account number on the front of your payment.
- Please send a Mail at least 10 days before the due date to avoid any possibility of late payment.
- Please maintained enough funds in your bank account for a successful payment.
iii-Payment by phone call:
You may call American Express at 1-800-472-9297 to make a credit card payment. The phone payment facility is available 24/7 through an automated line. Please follow the instructions of the automated machine and provide all payment-related details.
iv-Autopay payment plan:
We have already mentioned one-time online payment above. An Autopay facility is also available for Amex card customers where payments will be debited automatically every month from the customer’s bank account.
If you are a primary card member then you can enroll in AutoPay through your online account.
Autopay is a good option and helps customers to avoid any late fee penalties and interest charges. Customers can also choose the date for the Autopay payment.
Please follow the below steps.
- Log In to your online account by using your User ID and Password.
- After login, navigate to the Payment section and select Start AutoPay. You can complete the process in a few steps mentioned below.
- Select a Date – You can select a date after the statement closes from the given options.
- Choose an amount – Select the amount from the given options such as Total New Balance, Adjusted Balance, Minimum Payment Due, or Other Amount. Enter the payment amount if you select the Other Amount option.
- Select Bank Account – On the next screen, select your checking or savings account for payment purposes.
- Set Up AutoPay – On the next page, you can review your AutoPay settings. Finally, click the Create AutoPay button to Agree to AutoPay Terms & Conditions and enroll yourself in the AutoPay plan.
- You will see a successful AutoPay setup message on the screen and the date when your payment will be debited from your bank account.
Note: Customers can also set up AutoPay through the Amex app.
v-Payment through the American Express app:
American Express also offers an online payment facility that is more convenient and quickly accessible. Customers can pay their credit card bills 24/7 with just a few taps.
How to download the mobile app?
To make a payment, you will have to first download the official iOS or Android app. There are many ways to download the app. Please check below.
Open the Google Play store or Apple APP store and search for the ‘AMEX’. After the search is finished, download the official app from the American Express developer.
b-From official website:
- Visit the mobile app page of the Americal Express website through a mobile browser.
- Move down the page, you will find links to both Android and iOS apps.
- Click the app and download it on your smartphone.
c-Scan the QR code:
- Visit the mobile app page of the Americal Express website.
- You will see a QR code just below the top menu. Scan the QR code from any scanning app or from the camera app.
- You will receive a download link on your smartphone compatible with your mobile OS.
- Click the download link to download the mobile app on your smartphone.
d-Send an SMS:
Type MOBILE in a text message and send it to 86509. You will receive a link to download the mobile app on your device.
e-Direct download links:
You can download the mobile app by just clicking the direct download links mentioned below. We are sharing the official app links below.
|Platform||Download link||Current version||Required OS|
|iOS||iOS app download link||6.60.0||iOS 14.5 or later|
|Android||Android app download link||6.60.2||Android 6.0 and up|
How to log in and pay credit card bills through the Mobile app?
Once you have downloaded the mobile app, you can open the app and log in to your account. All you need is your User ID and Password. Enter your User ID and Password and Tap the ‘Log in’ button to access your account. You can also create a new account through the app if you don’t have one.
After login, you will see the Total balance, Payment due, Payment due date, and Make Payment link to make a bill payment on the app dashboard page.
Tap the Make Payment button to start the payment process. Enter all required payment-related details and pay your credit card bill.
The mobile app also offers additional login features such as fingerprint scan or Face ID scan login.
Note: American Express app features and services are available only for eligible Card accounts in the United States.
vi-Other payment-related services:
Citi Bank offers a Plan IT feature where customers can split their payments into monthly payments. The minimum purchase amount required for Plan IT is $100. Customers can log in to their accounts and check how many monthly Plan IT options are available for them.
Pay Over Time:
The pay Over Time feature let customers pay the eligible charges over time. Whether you pay in full each month or carry a balance, eligible charges can be paid over time with interest up to your Pay Over Time limit.
Amex credit card interest, charges, and penalties
All Amex credit card holders are required to pay the below type of charges wherever applicable.
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
- APR for Balance Transfers
- APR for Cash Advances
- Penalty APR (if applicable)
- Balance Transfer and Cash Advance fee (if applicable)
- Late Payment Penalty
- Returned Payment Penalty
- Overlimit Penalty (if applicable)
The above-mentioned charges are different for different Amex credit cards. For more details about any specific Amex credit card, Please check the credit card service agreement file.
How to avoid extra charges and penalties on Belk credit cards?
American Express is in the top 5 largest card issuers in the United States and has issued 50 Million+ credit cards. If we talk about the purchase volume, American Express comes in 2nd position. As we can see, American Express customers are spending a lot of money to purchase products and services but please keep in mind that all customers must pay their credit card bill before the due date to avoid any penalty and interest charges.
We are sharing a few important pieces of information related to Belk card payments. This information will help customers to avoid any penalties and high-interest charges.
If you have an American Express card then you can enroll in the Autopay plan. After enrolling, your monthly payment as per your plan settings will get debited automatically from your bank account and you don’t have to do anything. Just enroll and sit back and relax. There is even no need to remember the due date.
You can schedule a payment in advance through your online banking account. Your payment will get debited on the scheduled date. It helps to pay the credit card bill on time without tracking the due date.
Payment-related alerts are also very useful to make payments before the due date. Customers will receive important payment-related alerts on their mobile and email. It will help customers to remind about the due balance and the last date for the payment. Customers can also manage what type of alerts they want to receive after login into their Amex account.
The authorized user facility is very useful in case the primary cardholder is not able to make a payment. In this case, an authorized user can make a payment on behalf of the primary cardholder. Amex customers can add an authorized user through their online account or mobile app.
Please have a look at the below customer service options.
Please take the help of the 24/7 customer service at 1-800-528-4800. For corporate cards, please call 1-800-528-2122
For general inquiries, please write to:
P.O. Box 981535
El Paso, TX 79998-1535
|Amex credit card login page||https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/account/login|
|New account registration page||https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/gce/us/action/home?request_type=un_Register&Face=en_US|
What are the charges for a late or returned payment for Amex credit cards?
There is a penalty that every customer will have to pay in case of a late payment or returned payment. Generally, American Express charges a $29 penalty for the first missing payment.
If customers miss a payment more than once then a $40 penalty will be applied.
Please note that applicable interest will also be applied to the remaining balance and will be added to the next monthly statement.
How to cancel a payment?
Amex customers can cancel their online payment if it is eligible to cancel. To check this, log in to your online account and check your payment history. If you see the ‘Processing’ status then the payment is eligible for cancellation.
Click the payment to expand the details and then click ‘Cancel Payment’. If you don’t see ‘Cancel Payment’ your payment is not eligible to be canceled because of these limitations:
Card Members cannot cancel more than three payments within 30 days or more than 10 payments within 180 days.
How can I check my billing and transaction details?
American Express shares a billing statement with all customers every month. If customers are not enrolled in the paperless delivery then they will receive a paper copy of the statement.
All the payment and billing-related information available in the statement such as transaction details, penalties, interest applied, etc.
The billing date may vary slightly every month and can be checked through an online account. Please login to your online account through the website or mobile app and check your statement.