What is Rate My Professor and how the rating system works? How to login on to ratemyprofessors.com and submit your ratings for the professors?
What are the benefits and features of this portal and how to take advantage of the anonymous review system? Check all the updated information in this article.
Rate My Professor
Rate My Professor is an online review system of professors teaching in Universities and Schools across the World. It is the world’s largest professor rating database and consists of more than 19 Million ratings submitted by users. Around 1.7 Million professors and 7,500 schools have been added and rated by users across the globe on the ratemyprofessor.com platform.
Rate My Professor is the preferred choice of students studying in Universities and colleges across the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. Every month, around 4 Million students visit the website and get an idea about the professor’s grading from different users.
The simple concept behind making the Rate My Professor is to ensure that every student gets an idea about the quality of education a professor offer and which professor needs to be avoided by the students.
Students can comment on and rate their school as well, by visiting their school’s Rate My Professors page.
How Rate My Professor Rating system works?
- Students can visit the website at https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/.
- Type the name of the School or University and click the desired link from the available options.
- Click the School link to visit the School page. or type the Professor/Teacher name and click the desired name from the search options.
- On the School page, You can rate the school or compare it with other schools.
- You can also view all professors in that school and rate them.
- All the ratings are anonymous and you will not find any contact details of users.
How to rate a Professor
Although you can rate a professor anytime without creating an account but creating an account will give you the option to edit your rating in the future. We advise all students to create an account and submit their ratings. Your contact details will be 100% private.
- Create a new account?
- Login onto RateMyProfessor.com
- Visit the Professor’s web page
- Submit your review and rating
- Edit your rating
An overview of all the steps is given below.
1. Create a new account?
- Visit https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/.
- Click the Sign-Up link in the top right corner.
- On the Sign-Up page, you can sign up with Google or you can use any other email to Sign Up a new account.
- Sign Up with Google is very easy you can log in also with just a click.
- After sign-up, you will receive an email from [email protected].
- Verify your account by clicking the link in the email.
2. Login onto RateMyProfessor.com
- After creating an account you can log in to the portal.
- Visit www.ratemyprofessors.com and click the Login link on the top right side.
- If you have registered with a Google account then click the “Login with Google” link. OR
- Enter your email address and password and press the Continue button.
3. Visit the Professor’s web page
- After login, search for your Professor or Search for your school and visit the Professor page.
- You will see professor ratings if someone has already submitted reviews.
- Now you can share your feedback through different parameters.
4. Submit your review and rating
- On the Professor page, click the Rate Professor link to start sharing your review.
- Select your course if it’s an offline course or select the “This is an online course” option.
- Rate Professor on a Scale from 1 to 5 (1-Awful, 5-Awesome).
- Select the Professor’s difficulty level on a scale of 1 to 5.
- Select “YES” or “NO” from the below options.
- Would you take this professor again?
- Was this class taken for credit?
- Did this professor use textbooks?
- Was attendance mandatory?
- Select grade received
- Select up to 3 tags related to your review.
- Share your feedback in the “Write a Review” section. You can write a brief overview of the teaching style, interaction with students, behaviors, etc.
- Finally, press the “Submit Rating” button.
Your ratings have been successfully submitted to the ratemyprofessors.com moderators. Moderators will check if there are any guidelines issues with the rating and publish it on ratemyprofessors.com if you are following all the rating guidelines.
5. Edit your rating
You can also edit your rating if you think that you have submitted the incorrect ratings or if the professor has improved their teaching and style of communication. Just log in to your account and select “My Account” in the top right corner of the screen. update your rating through different parameters. Please note that you can not delete your review.
Student Rating Guidelines
All students are advised to review the rating guidelines before submitting a review. Complete rating guidelines for students and professors are available at https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/guidelines.
- Be honest in your reviews. You want to be able to trust these reviews when evaluating your course options so we ask that to contribute in the same spirit.
- When you are reviewing a class and/or professor, it’s often helpful to provide both pros and cons. This leads to much more credible and constructive feedback for your peers.
- Reviews should focus specifically on the course and your learning experience. Do not comment on a Professor’s appearance, dress, age, gender, or race.
- Avoid hearsay. We want you to share your individual experience and what you took away from the course. Don’t speak on behalf of another, encourage others to submit their own reviews.
- This is not a forum for debate. Reviews that specifically reference another review will be removed. If you do not agree with someone’s individual experience, we encourage you to share your own.
- We understand that not all teachers are the perfect match for each individual learning style. Tell us how the course or professor wasn’t the best for you in a way that helps others make their own decision.
- Reviews fueled by anger do not reflect well on the author and can be removed for violations such as profanity. Take a minute to step back and make sure your review will genuinely help others understand your experience.
- Rate My Professors reserves the right to remove ratings that do not contain substantive comments.
- We only allow one student to review a professor one time per course. Spamming or dogpiling an account will lead to comment removal and the account being temporarily locked on the site.
- When reading your fellow students’ reviews, we encourage you to use your discretion and weigh every review amongst the others. Online reviews should be one of the many resources used when making a decision that affects your academic future.
Rate My Professor University profiles
Rate My Professor ASU
Visit the RateMyProfessor ASU web page of Arizona State University given below.
|Arizona State University – Polytechnic Campus||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/13271|
|Arizona State University – West||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/13483|
|Arizona State University Tucson, AZ||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/15723|
|Arizona State University||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/13647|
|Arizona State University Phen, AZ||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/45|
Rate My Professor HCC
|Houston Community College (all campuses)||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/2184|
|Hillsborough Community College (all campuses)||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/2174|
|Howard Community College||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/2186|
Rate My Professor CSULB
|California State University Long Beach LB, CA||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/162|
|California State University Long Beach||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/18846|
Rate My Professor UTRGV
|University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (all campuses)||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/1306|
|University of Rio Grande, Rio Grande, OH||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/4493|
Rate My Professor CSUF
|California State University Fullerton||https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/school/166|
Contact and helpline
If you want to contact ratemyprofessors.com then please visit https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/utility/contact and send a message. You will get a revert to your message within 3-5 business days.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please reach out to us at [email protected] with a brief description of your issue.
I noticed incorrect professor or school information, how can I correct it?
You may request a correction in case you think there is incorrect information posted related to any professor or school. To report an error, please visit the school or professor page on ratemyprofessors.com and click “Submit a Correction”
You will have to Fill out the correction form with the issue and correct information. Click the Submit button after suggesting corrections.
Can you explain the rating scale?
Ratings are determined on a scale from 1 to 5. Different ratings are given as per the total ratings submitted by all students.
Rating Quality will be Goog, Average, or Poor as per the below rating criteria.
Good: 3.5-5 Rating.
Average: 2.5-3.4 Rating
Poor: 1-2.4 Rating
The overall professor quality ratings are based on different parameters such as how well a professor teaches the course material, and how helpful they are both inside and outside of the classroom. Is the professor available for additional help after class or during office hours? Is the professor approachable, nice, and easy to communicate with?
Level of Difficulty: Difficulty level is based on the difficulty it is to understand what the professor is teaching in the class. It can be easy if the overall rating is 1 or it can be hard if the overall rating is 5.
How do I add a new school to the site?
First of all, please check if your school is available on the portal by searching the school name. If the school is not available then visit http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/tempschool/addSchool and add a new school.
If someone adds a new school then it will be verified by the moderators. Moderators will check if there is any duplicate entry or not. After the verification, your school will be listed in the Rate My Professor database.
How to add a new Professor?
It is also similar to adding a school. First, check if the professor is listed or not by visiting the school page or by searching for the professor’s name. If the professor is not added yet then please visit http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/AddTeacher.jsp and submit your request. All new entries will be published after the verification by moderators.