Southern New Hampshire University SNHU.edu login to Brightspace | MySNHU online login portal, app. What is the Brightspace portal used by the students at SNHU? What are its features and benefits?
How to access this portal and what are the login and account recovery-related guidelines? Check everything you need to know about Brightspace SNHU in this article.
SNHU Brightspace is an online learning management System (LMS) used by Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) to offer an online learning system to its students. Brightspace facilitates online education and offers seamless connectivity and an easy-to-use interface through a cloud-based solution.
Brightspace is an education domain-related software product of the D2L (Desire2Learn) company and is packed with powerful tools, customizable content, best-in-class service and support, online collaboration, and assessment tools.
With the help of the Brightspace online learning tools, SNHU wants to help its students by providing engaging learning content and timely support.
Let’s discuss the Brightspace features, benefits, and login process below.
Features of SNHU Brightspace
SNHU Brightspace has a variety of features that help students to engage with their coursework, interact with instructors and peers, and track their progress. Some of the key features of SNHU Brightspace include:
- Course Menu: The course menu provides some important course-related links such as Announcements, Learning modules, Discussions, Assignments, and Grades. These options are very helpful for students as they can access the most important services through these options.
- Grades: Students can click the Grades link under the Course Menu and view their Grades online anytime.
- Assignments: Students can access their assignments through the Assignment link under the “Course Menu” menu item. Students can submit assignments and view their submitted assignments. Instructure can provide feedback on the submitted assignments.
- Online courses: This is the main feature of the SNHU Brightspace where instructors can upload different types of course content in video, images, documents, etc format. Students can log in to Brightspace and access these courses anytime through their accounts.
- Discussion: There is a discussion forum option available under the “Course Menu”. Click this link to visit the discussion forum and take part in the discussions with other students. Ask questions, answer other students’ questions, discuss courses, etc.
- Academic support: Academic support is also available in the SNHU Brightspace. Students can access the support options through the link available in the top menu or through the link available on the Brightspace dashboard page.
- MySNHU: MySNHU link is located in the top menu bar of your SNHU Brightspace dashboard page. If you click this link, you will be redirected to your MySNHU dashboard page. It is very convenient for the students to access both MySNHU and Brightspace portals through a single login as both are interconnected.
- Messages: Students check their messages through the link available in the top bar. Students will also get notified about any unread mail and messages.
- Notification: There is a bell icon after the message link in the top bar that provides important updates about new SNHU announcements, upcoming due dates, end dates, new and updated grades, etc.
- Account menu: Students can access their account menu by clicking their photo in the top right corner. It gives important options such as student profiles, notifications, account settings, progress, and logout.
- Assessment: Once you access your course, you will get additional options in the menu. The assessment option is available here. In this option, students can access assignments, grades, discussions, quizzes, and rubrics. Apart from the assessment, you will also get the Content and Course Resources option. Course resources link provides, chat, awards, classlist, competencies, course admin, glossary, groups, links, etc options.
SNHU Brightspace Login
To access all the learning materials, the online courses you have registered in, your academic support resources, etc, You will have to log in to your Brightapace account. The login process is simple and straightforward. Please have a look below.
SNHU Login Requirements
There are a few requirements to log in.
- You must have a secure and trusted device to access your Brightspace account.
- You must have a secure and modern web browser installed on the device.
- A properly working internet connection must be available at the time of login.
- You must be a student at Southern New Hampshire University.
- You must be registered on the MySNHU student portal and must have your login credentials.
- Desktop – Brightspace recommends Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox web browsers for the MAC or Windows operating system.
- Mobile/Tablet: Brightspace recommends Apple Safari for iOS devices and Google Chrome for Android devices.
There are two ways to access Brightspace.
- Login through the MySNHU portal.
- Login through the direct Brightspace login link.
1-Login to Brightspace through the MySNHU portal
Please follow the below steps to access your account through MySNHU.
- Visit the MySNHU login page https://my.snhu.edu/.
- Select your student account.
- Enter your login credentials to access your MySNHU portal.
- On your MySNHU student dashboard page, click the top left menu link.
- Click the Brightspace link to open the Brightspace learning portal.
- You can also click your course link and log in to your Brightsapce student portal.
Direct login to Brightspace
Students can also access Brightspace through the direct link. There is no need to log in to MySNHU. Please follow the below steps.
- Visit the direct URL https://learn.snhu.edu/d2l/lp/auth/saml/login.
- Enter your login credentials to access your Brightspace account.
- You may also visit the alternate URL https://learn.snhu.edu/d2l/login.
- Enter your username and password and click the login button to visit your dashboard page.
Benefits of SNHU Brightspace
SNHU Brightspace provides a lot of learning-related services to students and instructors. There are many benefits students and instructors get through these services. Please check below.
Benefits for Students:
Some of the important benefits students get are mentioned below.
- Easy communication: Students can easily communicate with their instructions and ask their questions through Brightspace. It provides easy and secure communication to students.
- Easy account access: Account access is very easy. Students can use their MySNHU login or they can directly log in to their Brightspace account through the link given by SNHU.
- Easy navigation: SNHU Brightspace navigation is very easy and students can conveniently access all the courses, assignments, quizzes, etc information.
- Personalization options: There are a lot of personalization options available for students. Students can PIN their favorite items or courses on their dashboard in Quick Access.
- Easy availability: Students can access their accounts and learning resources anytime even if they are at home.
Benefits for teachers:
SNHU Brightspace also helps teachers. Some benefits are mentioned below.
- Assessment: Easy-to-access online assessment tools are available for educators and can be accessed anytime. It helps teachers to evaluate students’ performance and helps them to provide quick feedback and grades through the Brightspace portal.
- Analytics: Teachers can also access different analytics reports that show students’ track records and academic performance.
|Article Title:||SNHU Brightspace Login, APP, MySNHU.edu|
|MySNHU login page||https://my.snhu.edu/|
|SNHU official website||https://www.snhu.edu/|
|Admission Portal Login||https://admission.snhu.edu/.|
|Online academic programs||https://www.snhu.edu/online-degrees|
|How to pay tuition fee||https://www.snhu.edu/tuition-and-financial-aid/paying-for-college|
If you are having difficulties accessing Brightspace then you may take help through the IT Help Desk team. The login credentials for all SNHU applications such as MySNHU, SNHU Email, Office365, and Brightspace logins are managed by the SNHU IT department.
First of all, students must try some basic troubleshooting by clearing their browser’s cache and cookies or by using a different browser. Chrome, Firefox, or Edge are the most recommended web browsers.
The next step is to check that SNHU services are working or facing any technical issues by visiting the SNHU system status page. If all services are functioning normally then take the IT Service Desk support.
If the issue does not resolve then contact the IT service desk. You can use the below support options.
- Raise a Support Ticket.
- Chat with the support person.
- Call the MySNHU IT Service Desk at 1.855.877.9919.
How to access Academic support in Birghtspace?
Students can access academic support related to their courses through Brightspace. Students can log in to Brightspace through MySNHU and access all available support services.
SNHU offers a wide range of academic support to help students achieve their academic goals. Please follow the below steps.
-Login to your MYSNHU Brightspace account https://learn.snhu.edu/d2l/lp/auth/saml/login.
-On your Brightspace dashboard page, click the course link.
-Go to Course Menu -> Learning Modules and access SNHU Academic Support.
-You will get support options such as 24×7 drop-in tutoring, pre-schooled support, written feedback, live chat, workshops, resources, etc.
-You can access the different types of support through the available options.
-If you want to book an appointment with an SNHU peer tutor or academic coach, click the Pre-Scheduled Support link in the top navigation menu and then select either Peer Tutoring or Academic Coaching to book an appointment.
-For help with a quick citation question, click the 24/7 Drop-in Tutoring link in the top navigation menu. Select Writing as your topic and Live Writing Help for your subject.
How to access discussions in SNHU Brightspace?
-To access the Discussions, log in to your Brightspace account.
-Enter the class you want to access the discussions.
-Click on the Course Menu dropdown menu and then click Discussions
What Brightspace apps are available?
Brightspace offers the below apps.
-Brightspace Parent & Guardian
All three apps are available on the Google Play and Apple App Store.
How do I access SNHU Brightspace?
Students can access the SNHU Brightspace through their MySNHU student portal or through a direct link. We have already summarized the login steps above in this article. Please have a look.
What are the key features of SNHU Brightspace?
The key features are the Course menu, discussion, academic support, assignments, and discuss options.
Why SNHU chooses Brightspace as an LMS?
Adopting the Brightspace LMS as a primary learning tool is a strategic move by the SNHU to keep the learning quality level maintained.
As a lot of students are enrolling in online courses and SNHU’S existing legacy product was not flexible enough to manage such a huge number of students and not able to maintain the quality required by SNHU.
Currently, Southern New Hampshire University has more than 3,000 on-campus students and over 170,000 online students making it one of the fastest-growing universities in the nation. University is offering 200+ programs from certificate to doctoral level degrees.
SNHU’s mission is focused on student success: to make quality, affordable and flexible learning accessible to a geographically dispersed student population, they needed an LMS that could accommodate the “new traditional” learner.
The main task was to provide the best quality online learning facility to 170,000+ students. Brightspace was chosen due to its responsive design that helps to access courses from different devices, it also has drag and drop feature that helps to prepare courses easily.
More information: https://www.d2l.com/why-d2l/customers/southern-new-hampshire-university/
Can I access Brightspace from my mobile device?
Yes, Brightspace offers a fully responsive design that helps students to access their courses and study materials from a smaller mobile device with ease.
Is SNHU Brightspace accessible to students with disabilities?
Southern New Hampshire University is dedicated to providing equal access to students with documented disabilities, in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Their learning management system Brightspace is well aware of this Act and provided all the necessary accessibility services for students with disabilities.
Can I customize my dashboard in SNHU Brightspace?
Yes, Your dashboard is like your personal assistant and you can customize it as per your requirements. You can add your favorite courses, calendar, or any other service on your dashboard that you use most.
Are there any additional fees associated with using Brightspace?
There is no additional fee students have to pay to access the Brightspace LMS. It is included in the total costs you paid for the enrollment in a course.
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) was founded in 1932. It is a private, nonprofit university located in Manchester, New Hampshire. SNHU has emerged as the best educational institute that provides a world-class online learning facility.
It has more than 200 programs that are available through an online learning system. SNHU is partnered with D2L and offers Brightspace to its online students for learning management.
The main objective of the SNHU is to provide learners with the latest technologically advanced learning opportunities that will help them to get career success in the future when new technologies will be in high demand.
It also offers the best online support to students that helps students easily complete their courses. All the programs are nationally recognized and offer the best student experience.
Some of SNHU’s achievements are mentioned below.
- Named 2020 Most Innovative University in the North and one of the nation’s “Best Regional Universities” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Awarded the 21st Century Distance Learning Award for Excellence in Online Technology by The United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Named “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception
- One of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies (2012)
To sum up, we have provided a comprehensive overview of the SBHU and its online Learning Management System (LMS) Brightspace. We have shared different ways to log in and access the Brightspace student portal.
We have also shared the features and benefits of Brightsapce and an overview of some of the important services Brightspace offers to students.
Please let us know your views about this article in the comment section below. Also, share this article if you find this article helpful. Finally, thanks for the valuable time you spend reading this article.