How to login to the Alabama MyDHR GOV account? How to create a new account? How to check EBT Balance? How to submit a Food Stamp application online? What are the benefits of the SNAP program managed by the Alabama government? Check all the latest updates in this article.
What is the mydhr.alabama.gov portal?
Alabama MyDHR is a Client Access Portal developed to help Alabama residents by providing information about the Food Assistance program through an online mode. People can create an online account and apply for assistance. People can check their case information and keep track of the application status.
It’s similar to a self-service portal where people can manage everything online related to their Food Assistance program such as renewing the benefits, applying for the new assistance program, etc.
Alabama MyDHR account Benefits
All Alabama residents will get the below-mentioned benefits through the MyDHR portal.
- Create your online account.
- Login and access your account anywhere 24/7.
- Use the online application facility to apply for assistance online.
- Submit report change.
- View account and benefits information whenever you want.
- Download and upload important forms and documents to your online account.
How to log in to the MyDHR Alabama GOV account?
All Alabama residents who already have an account can visit the official website and login into their account. Please follow the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the MyDHR Food Assistance website https://mydhr.alabama.gov/.
Step 2: On the homepage, you will find a MyDHR login form (as shown below).
Enter your username and password and press the Sign In button to log in to your account. After login, you will be redirected to your account dashboard page.
How to reset the MyDHR Alabama password?
In case users forgot their password, A password reset link is available on the homepage to help users to create a new password. Please check the below steps to reset your password.
- Visit the official website
- On the login page, click Forgot Password? link.
- On the next page, enter your Username and click the Submit button.
- On the next page, answer the security questions and create a new password.
- If you got an email then click the password reset link and create a new password.
How to create a new MyDHR Alabama account?
If you don’t have an online account then you must create an account if you want to take the benefits of online services offered by the MyDHR portal.
The registration process is very easy and can be completed with the help of the below steps.
Step 1: Open the official web portal at https://mydhr.alabama.gov/.
Step 2: On the homepage, click the Don’t have a MyDHR Account? link located on the login form. An online registration form will appear on the new page (as shown below).
Step 3: Fill out this registration form completely with the below-mentioned accurate information.
- Account details – Provide your personal details, email address, new username, password, etc.
- Profile details – Enter the date of birth, phone number, etc.
- Security Questions – Select three security questions and write their answers that you can easily remember.
Step 4: Click the Submit button to finish the registration process. After the verification of your information, your new account will be activated.
- Security questions will help you to reset your password.
- Email address will also help you to recover your username and reset your password. Please provide a working and valid email address.
Alabama Food Assistance (SNAP) program
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) also known as the Food Assistance Program is administered by the Food Assistance Division in Alabama. The Food Assistance Program or SNAP is designed to provide financial assistance to low-income households to help them buy nutritional foods, avoid hunger, and maintained good health.
Households get monthly benefits through their EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service is responsible to determine the eligibility of all applicants.
The eligibility rules and benefit amounts, based on income and household size, are determined by regulations issued by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service. USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
|Households Receiving SNAP Benefits||373816|
|Children Receiving SNAP Benefits||333590|
|Average Monthly Benefit||121|
|Children Adopted in 2021||783|
|Children in Foster Care||5700|
|Children Receiving Subsidized Child Care||40177|
Monthly Benefits Report for the 2022 Fiscal Year:
|Month||Total Households||Public Assistance||Non-Public Assistance||Total Benefits Issued|
Monthly Benefits Report for the 2021 Fiscal Year:
|Month||Total Households||Public Assistance||Non-Public Assistance||Total Benefits Issued|
EBT or Electronic Benefits Transfer is a scheme that transfers the amount of the benefit for different programs directly to customers electronically. These programs may be managed by the Alabama state or Federal government. The beneficiary will receive an EBT card that they can use to withdraw money from ATM or buy food from the grocery store or any other authorized store.
Alabama EBT login:
All citizens can log in to their Alabama EBT account and check important information such as EBT balance, transaction history, manage PIN, etc. After login in, You can find the EBT information for the below-mentioned programs.
- Food Assistance (formerly Food Stamp) – Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
- Family Assistance (FA) – Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or any other emergency or special cash benefits.
- Medicaid – Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) benefits.
- Visit the Alabama EBT website https://www.connectebt.com/alebtclient/index.jsp
- There is a login form at the top left side.
- Enter your User ID and Password and click the Login button to access your account.
Note: Alabama government has partnered with Conduent Inc to provide EBT services to Alabama residents. Conduent has developed an EBT portal “ConnectEBT” that Alabama residents can use to view their EBT-related information. For more details, please check the ConnectEBT article.
How to create an Alabama EBT account?
You must have an account to access your EBT card information. Please follow the below steps to create a new account.
- Visit the official website and click the Create user account link located below the login form.
- On the registration page, enter your ZIP code, date of birth, 16-digit EBT card number, new user ID, and password.
- Press the Submit button.
How to reset my password?
Please follow the below steps to create a new password.
- Visit the official website and click the Reset password link located below the login form.
- Enter your ZIP code, date of birth, card number, and new password.
- Your new password will be created successfully if all the information you entered is correct.
How to recover the user ID?
Please follow the below steps to recover your Alabama EBT User ID.
- Visit the official website and click the Forgotten User ID link.
- On the username recovery page, enter your ZIP code, date of birth, and card number.
- Click the Submit button.
- On the next page, answer the security questions that you have created while registering for the first time.
- After correct answers, you will get your User ID through an email.
- If you just got your new EBT card, you can use it only after the activation.
- Please call 1-800-997-8888 to activate your EBT card and create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) during the call.
- If you got a replacement card, there is no need to create a PIN. Your old PIN will work.
- Don’t use your EBT card to buy anything from any unauthorized location.
Alabama EBT customer service number:
In case of any issue or assistance, please call the below phone numbers.
|Customer Service Helpdesk Phone number||(800) 997-8888|
|Merchant Helpdesk Phone Number||(800) 477-8604|
|Text Telephones (TTY) Phone Number||(800) 548-2546|
Apply For Benefits
There are multiple ways to apply for assistance as mentioned below.
1-Apply through Email:
Please check the below steps.
- First of all, download the Food Stamp Application and take a printout.
- Fill out this application form and scan it to send it through email.
- Visit this web page and find the email address of the DHR office of your county.
- Send an email and attach the application form.
2-Send a Fax:
Download the form, take a printout, fill out this form, and send a Fax. Please find the Fax number here.
Download and take a print of the application form. Fill out this application form and visit the nearest DHR office and submit your form there.
How to download the Alabama food stamp application pdf:
If you want to apply through Email, Fax, or by visiting the DHR office, you need a printout of the application form. Please click the below-given link to download the application pdf or you can also download it from the official website
4-Alabama Food Stamp Online Application:
You may visit the official MyDHR website or MyAlabama website to apply online. Please create a new account if you don’t have an account. If you have created a MyDHR account, Please check the below steps.
- Visit the online application web page at https://mydhr.alabama.gov/apply.
- Click the Sign In link and log in to your account.
- After login, fill out the online application form and Submit it for verification.
- After submitting the application form, Your application will be sent to the DHR office in the county where you live.
- Your application will be approved after the proper verification by the DHR office in your county.
ALABAMA’S SNAP EBT ISSUANCE SCHEDULE:
Please check the below table related to the EBT schedule. You will get your benefits every month as per the schedule mentioned below.
|If the last two digits of your case number end in||Your monthly SNAP benefits are available after 5:00 AM on the date below|
|00 through 04||4th|
|05 through 09||5th|
|10 through 14||6th|
|15 through 19||7th|
|20 through 24||8th|
|25 through 29||9th|
|30 through 34||10th|
|35 through 39||11th|
|40 through 44||12th|
|45 through 49||13th|
|50 through 54||14th|
|55 through 59||15th|
|60 through 64||16th|
|65 through 69||17th|
|70 through 74||18th|
|75 through 79||19th|
|80 through 84||20th|
|85 through 89||21st|
|90 through 94||22nd|
|95 through 99||23rd|
Family assistance benefits are available after 5:00 PM on the 5th of every month.
Alabama food stamps income and Benefit allotment limit 2023:
Alabama food stamps income limits 2022:
All applicants must meet both minimum gross income and net income limits.
The income limit will be based on household size and all types of income such as wages, salaries, commissions, social security benefits, SSI, veteran’s benefits, child support, contributions, unemployment compensation, etc will be included while calculating income criteria.
Please check the below details about minimum income criteria.
|Household Size||Gross Income Limits||Net Income Limits|
|Each Additional Member||$512||$394|
Maximum Monthly Benefits 2022:
There is a limit on the maximum allotment of the benefits a Household receives. Please check the below details.
|Household Size||Maximum Food Assistance Allotment|
|Each Additional Member||$211|
Please take help through the below phone number.
Voice Response System:
Montgomery Area: (334) 242-0143
Outside Montgomery Area: 1 (800) 382-0499
Food Assistance Division:
Food Assistance Program: (334) 242-1700
Outside Montgomery Area: (866) 465-2285
Email: Please send an email to [email protected]
Mailing: Please send a Mail to the below address.
Alabama Department of Human Resources
Food Assistance Division
50 North Ripley Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36130
|New Account Registration page||https://mydhr.alabama.gov/account/createaccount|
|View your account||https://mydhr.alabama.gov/account/mydhraccountinfo|
|Apply for Assistance||https://mydhr.alabama.gov/apply|
|Password reset page||https://mydhr.alabama.gov/account/forgotPassword|
|Search contact information of all DHR offices in Alabama||https://dhr.alabama.gov/county-office-contact/|
|Alabama EBT web portal||https://www.connectebt.com/alebtclient/index.jsp|
|Alabama EBT account registration page||https://www.connectebt.com/alebtclient/clientcreate.recip|
|Alabama EBT password reset page||https://www.connectebt.com/alebtclient/passwdreset.recip|
|Alabama EBT User ID recovery page||https://www.connectebt.com/alebtclient/forgottenUserId.recip|
|SNAP retailer locator website||https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/retailerlocator|
|Name of the portal||MyDHR Food Assistance|
|Developed by||Alabama state government|
|Supported language||English and Spanish|
|Purpose||To provide Food Assistance benefits to Alabama citizens|
|Beneficiary||All eligible Alabama citizens|
Is there any transaction fee to use the EBT card at any ATM?
If you got a new EBT card then you must be aware of fees wherever applicable. It will help you avoid paying unnecessary charges and save you money.
Although there are no fees for SNAP transactions, still there are some other types of charges and limits. Please check below.
–Transaction fee: Cardholders can make two free transactions every month to withdraw money using their EBT card at ATM or POS machine.
-After 2 transactions, you will have to pay $0.50 for every additional transaction.
-Charges will be applicable only on the successful transaction.
-Some ATMs may add extra surcharges on every transaction that you can check while withdrawing the cash. You can cancel your transaction if don’t want to pay any surcharge.
What if I lost my EBT card?
Although you must keep your card safe and secure because it is the only way to take advantage of your benefits, if somehow you lost your EBT card or it has been stolen then please call the customer service number immediately.
Please call the below phone numbers:
SNAP and CASH: 1-800-997-8888
Medicaid NET: 1-877-391-4757
Customers can call to request a replacement card. The customer service team will disable the stolen card and will issue a new card to you. You will get your new card at the registered address through the Mail within a week and you can use your old PIN to withdraw money from ATM.
Customers can also get PIN-related help through customer service.
What is Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) Alabama?
P EBT is a federal program run by the state government. This program is designed to help children’s age below 6 to provide them with fresh foods.
Recently Alabama state has released the P-EBT benefits to all eligible households so that they can buy SNAP-eligible food at stores that accept Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards.
Households will receive $391 for each participating student. By providing the benefit amount, Alabama became the first state in the United States which issues P-EBT benefits in 2022.
For more details about the P-EBT program, please call the customer service number at 1-800-410-5827.
Live customer service through a chat facility is also available on the official website.
Please visit the Food Assistance page on the Department of Human Resource Alabama website at https://dhr.alabama.gov/food-assistance/ and click the live chat link available at the bottom right corner.
Type your first name, last name, email address, and subject, and press the Start Chat button. A live agent will assist you soon.
How to check Alabama EBT Balance?
All EBT cardholders can check their balance by using any one of the below methods.
1-Call Balance check number:
Please call the customer service number (800) 997-8888.
2-Through EBT account:
Login to your EBT online account and check your current balance and transaction history.
3-Visit any ATM:
You can also check your balance by visiting any ATM. Use your card and perform a balance inquiry.
4-Check your receipt:
You may also check your last receipt. Your balance is written there.