University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. How students can log in to the student self-service portal and access their accounts? What are the benefits of this portal and what type of services students can access? Check the latest updates here.
UIUC student self-service login
If you are a student of the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign then you can access your self-service portal account with the help of the below steps.
Login Information and Requirements:
- Students must have their NetID and password to access their accounts.
- Students must be connected to the local university network.
- Students must be enrolled in two-factor authentication to log in outside of campus.
- All apps and browsers must be the latest and updated.
How to access the UIUC student Self-Service portal?
If you don’t know the correct URL of your student self-service portal then you can visit the portal with the help of the below steps.
- Open the official University of Illinois Urbana Campaign website at https://illinois.edu/.
- On the top side of the website, click the Students Resources link. Students’ page will appear on the screen.
- You will find many student-related helpful links on this page.
- Move down this page and click the Student Self-Service Portal link in the Online Services section.
- Student self-service web page will appear on the screen.
Step 1: You can open the self-service portal through the above-mentioned steps or you can visit the University of Illinois self-service directory page at apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice.
You will see links for all three below-mentioned universities.
- The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- University of Illinois Chicago (UIC)
- University of Illinois Springfield (UIS)
Step 2: UIUC students can click the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign link. The student self-service login page will appear on the next page (as shown below).
Step 3: Students can log in to their account by using their NetID and password.
- UIC Blackboard login
- STC Blackboard login
- Hokie Spa Login– Virginia Tech
- UGA Athena login
- Devry Student Portal Login
What is UIUC Self-Service?
The University of Illinois has developed several online portals to help its students. These portals provide students with related academic, learning, financial, examination, syllabus, and other information that helps students to complete their academic session.
All of these services are available through different portals in digital mode. Student self-service is an online portal that provides personal and academic information. Students can manage their accounts and perform several tasks through this portal such as
- Paying their tuition and examination fees
- Manage and update their personal information
- View their class schedules
- View financial aid details
- View their grades
- View their transcripts
- View billing information
- Registration and records
- Register for online classes, etc.
If you are a new student then you will have to register on the online self-service portal. After registration, students can access their online degree programs and register for online classes.
After the launch of this new self-service portal, accessing the student’s grades and academic history is a very easy process. Just log in to your account and access anything related to your current or previous academic sessions.
Faculty and Advisor: Self-service portal also provides access to course sections, and class rosters, and enters midterm and final grades to faculty and advisors.
Employee: All employees and staff working at the University of Illinois can also access the Self-Service portal for useful information such as Time Sheet Entry, Benefits Statements, Salary Planner, Web for Finance, etc.
What is the NetID Center web portal?
The University of Illinois has made a separate portal to manage the student’s NetID and password. Students can access the below services through the NetID center.
- Manage their NetID.
- Recover their NetID.
- Reset their password.
- Manage 2-factor authentication.
- Manage account recovery settings.
NetID center is accessible at https://identity.uillinois.edu/.
How to reset the password?
You can reset your password only if you have set up the recovery options through a Non-University email address, text, or phone callback. Please check below password reset process
- Visit the NetID center web portal and click the Forgotten or expired password link.
- On the next page, enter your NetID and press the Enter button.
- On the next page, use any one of the recovery options from a Non-University email address, text, or phone callback and proceed further.
- You will receive a security code through your recovery method.
- Enter this security code in the space provided on the screen and create a new password.
How to set up recovery options?
You will have to set up any one recovery option if you want to reset your password through your self-service portal. You must have your current working NetID and password. Please follow the below steps.
- Visit the NetID center portal and click the Login button.
- Enter your NetID and password and log in to your account.
- After login in, you will get three options.
- Change password
- 2-Factor authentication
- Recovery settings
- Click the Change password or Recovery settings link.
- On the next page, you can manage your recovery options.
- Enter your Email or Phone number and update this information by a verification method.
- Chamberlain University Student Portal Login
- Atlas FUSD login
- CSUF Student Portal Login
- UAGC Student Portal Login
How to recover your NetID?
If a student forgot his Net ID also then it is very easy to recover. Students need their UIN (University Identification Number) for recovering their Net ID. UIN is a unique 9-digit number given to every student while their admission process. It is also written on the student’s iCard.
Please follow the below steps to recover your NetID
- Visit the NetID center portal and click the Forgot your NetID? link.
- On the next page, enter your 9-digit UIN and press the Enter button.
- You will get your NetID associated with your UIN.
For more information about UIUC ID, Please contact the Urbana ID center through the below information.
Email: [email protected]
What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) or 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an authentication method used to access almost all applications of the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign.
It is a login security feature that requires you to authenticate your account after entering the UIUC NetID and password.
It provides an extra layer of login security. Due to this extra authentication method, it is almost impossible to get unauthorized access even if some have access to your password.
Which applications will use MFA:
Most of the university applications are accessible only through the 2FA such as Canvas and Moodle, Microsoft365 and Box, Zoom and Teams, and Banner, etc.
How to set up 2FA?
University has partnered with Duo to provide a 2FA service. All students can download the Duo app and set up their devices to access any application that requires 2FA.
i-Download the Duo mobile app:
Search for the Duo mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the app on your smartphone.
ii-Start set up:
- Visit the NetID Center web page at https://identity.uillinois.edu
- Log In to your account by using your NetID and password.
- After login, click the Set-up 2FA button.
- Select your phone number or device registered in the system or register a new device by selecting the type of device you are enrolling.
- Click the Continue button.
iii-Add a device:
- Select the smartphone as a new device and click Continue.
- Enter your mobile number and select Yes to receive push notifications and generate a passcode while offline. Click Continue.
- Select the type of device from Android and iOS and click Continue.
- On the next screen, click the I have Duo Mobile installed button.
- A QR Code and an activation email link will appear on the screen.
iv-Activate Due mobile:
- You will get two options to activate duo mobile.
- By scanning the QR code
- Or have an activation link emailed to you instead
- Open the Duo app and scan the QR code OR use the activation link via email method.
You have successfully added your smartphone as an authentication method. Now whenever you want to log in to your account through your smartphone, you will receive a push notification to authenticate the login.
After implementing the 2FA, students will be able to access their accounts from outside the campus.
For any kind of help related to the student self-service portal, Please contact us through the below information.
Technology Services at Illinois
Phone number: (217) 244-7000
Email: [email protected]
If the phone or email helpline service is not able to resolve the student’s issues then students can visit the Delp Desk location in person. You must have a prior appointment before visiting the premises. You must have a walk-in appointment to get access to the building.
To get an appointment, please fill out the online form through the link given below.
Technology Services Help Desk Walk-in Appointment Request
The Technology Services Help Desk is located at:
1211 Digital Computer Lab
1304 W. Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL
Frequently asked questions
What is UIUC NetID?
UIUC NetID or Network ID is based on the student’s university email addresses. It is your unique login ID which is assigned to all students while the admission process.
NetID is the first part of your email address. A password is associated with all NetID that students can change anytime.
For example, if your email ID is [email protected] then your NetID will be an example. NetID is used to access many university applications, networking, and computing services.
Your NetID will be used for verification purposes for accessing some secure sensitive information.
If you have forgotten your current password and have opted out of recovery options
In case you have forgotten your password and also do not know the recovery methods or you have opted out of recovery options then you will have to take help from the help desk.
You may call the Help Desk at 217-244-7000.
About the University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign
Formerly known as Illinois Industrial University UIUC and two other universities Chicago, and Springfield are combined called the University of Illinois, and provide graduate, undergraduate, and professional courses such as DVM, JD, MD, and MD-PhD. It was established on July 2, 1862