eGramSwaraj 4 portal & App login, egramswaraj.gov.in registration-related information, and accessing different types of progress reports and other related information are available in this article.
After Recognizing the importance of empowering Gram Panchayats and enhancing the governance and efficiency of Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) in India, the government decided to digitize these institutions, consolidate their functioning, and streamline all processes and services through a unified platform.
The Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) responded to this challenge and developed eGramSwaraj (egramswaraj.gov.in). It works as a centralized hub and one-stop solution to manage all PRIs in India.
The government’s objective of improved digital governance in the Panchayat Raj Institutions has been successfully addressed by the launching of this web portal.
What is e-Gram Swaraj?
eGramSwaraj is a web-based online portal that has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) on behalf of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR). It’s a great initiative by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) to strengthen e-Governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) across the country.
With the aim of bringing transparency, efficiency, and accountability to decentralized planning, progress reporting, and work-based accounting, eGramSwaraj heralds a new era of digital governance at the grassroots level.
How to access it?
e-Gram Panchayat portal is accessible at the official website https://egramswaraj.gov.in/. If you want to access your account then you will have to log in to the official website.
- Visit the official website.
- Click the “Login” link in the top menu.
- Enter your User ID and Password in the login form.
- Enter the captcha code and press the Login button to access your account.
Empowering PRIs through Technology
As everyone knows that Panchayati Raj Institutions are directly responsible for the development and governance of rural areas in India. It also plays an important role in bringing people closer to each other.
However, to ensure maximum citizen participation and improve the functioning and communication channel of all PRIs, It is essential to take advantage of the latest technology in the implementation process.
Another benefit of using the latest technologies is to streamline processes and enhance transparency.
That’s why the eGramSwaraj portal comes into play and offers better communication, transparency, and streamlined processes.
Key Features and Functionality
There are a lot of benefits Panchayat Raj Institutions are getting through the services and functionalities offered by the eGramSwaraj portal.
Some of the important benefits that are empowering PRIs are mentioned below.
- Decentralized Planning: As the government emphasizes decentralizing planning in the Panchayat Raj Institutions across the state, the eGram Swaraj portal allows PRIs to manage decentralized development plans, set goals for their projects, manage their budget, and monitor the overall progress in the block, villages of all states.
- Progress Reporting: Through eGramSwaraj, PRIs can submit their data online and access the different types of reports through the portal. Approved plans, allocation, budgeting, and accounting-related reports are accessible to everyone.
- Work-based Accounting: The portal introduces work-based accounting and allows PRIs to maintain the project data and allocated funds and the cost to maintain proper transparency in the system.
- Information hub: The portal is regularly updated with reports and information about various government schemes and the funds allocated for them along with the policies and guidelines. All reports are available on the portal and accessible to everyone.
Benefits and Impact
There are a lot of benefits eGramSwaraj offers to all PRIs. Please have a look below.
- Enhanced Transparency: In the past, most people were unaware of how the Gram Panchayat worked, how the fund was allocated for different projects, and how PRIs were utilizing the funds available to them. But now after digitization, all the information is publicly available through the portal and real-time reports of the projects are accessible to everyone.
- Reducing corruption: Since all the information is available for all citizens, it further helps in reducing corruption and helps people to provide them with all the benefits through implementing government schemes.
- Efficient Resource Allocation: With the help of the work-based accounting system, all processes have been optimized and funds allocated in a more effective way which helps in completing the projects within the expected time frame.
- Information accessibility to Citizens: The portal provides different types of reports that people can view and analyze. It helps active participation in the governance processes.
- Streamlined Monitoring: eGramSwaraj offers easy monitoring of projects. It helps to find out the issues that must be avoided to improve the PRI’s performance by taking the required steps.
- Empowerment of PRIs: Now all the paperwork has been eliminated and digital services are helping empower PRIs to focus more on development-related projects.
Modules and services
e-Gram Swaraj application has been developed by the NIC as part of the Panchayat Enterprise Suite (PES) under the e-Panchayat Mission Mode Project (MMP).
All PRIs get a unique code that helps them to integrate eGramSwaraj Portal with Local Government Directory (LGD).
Below mentioned modules are available to access different services and features.
- Panchayat Proﬁle
- Progress Reporting
- Asset Directory
- mActionSoft Mobile App for Geo-tagging of assets created
- Real-time ﬁle Tracking Mechanism
- Treasury-PFMS-eGS Integration
As per the CAG guidelines, the eGram Swaraj portal has also integrated with the AuditOnline portal to share all the expenditure information with CAG.
The main features of the portal are given below.
- Panchayat Profile: Maintains Panchayat profile with Election Details, Elected Members, etc.
- Planning: Facilitates the planning of activities/work and plan creation.
- Progress Reporting: Records the physical and financial progress of approved activities.
- Accounting: Facilitates the work-based accounting and monitoring of funds expenditure with Treasury-PFMS integration.
- Asset Directory: Stores all the immovable and movable assets
- The technical architecture supports interoperability with other PES applications
- Simple and User-Friendly
- Workflow enabled
- Asset’s location visualization on Gram Manchitra (GIS)
- Supports multi-tenancy, multiple tenants
- Strong Authentication Mechanism
- Based on Open-Source technologies
- Web-based and available 24×7
eGramSwaraj Mobile App
A mobile app has also been developed to share all the information about the activities, progress of various projects, utilization of funds, etc carried out by Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs). Anyone can download the mobile app by searching on the Google Play store or by clicking the direct download link given below.
|Platform||Download link||Current version|
Since all the information is available to all citizens through the mobile app, it further enhances transparency. The mobile app is developed to target Rural Local Bodies (Village Panchayats, BlockPanchayats, District Panchayats, and equivalent levels), the State PR department, and Citizens.
How to access different reports?
- Visit the official website https://egramswaraj.gov.in/.
- Click the “Sponsored Schemes Data” report link.
- You can also visit the Beneficiary report page directly at https://egramswaraj.gov.in/beneficiaryDashboard.do.
- You can access the below reports on this page.
- Beneficiary Data Integration (Existing Approach)
- Beneficiary Data Integration (Push Approach)
- Scheme Wise Beneficiary Count Report
- Assets under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Internet Connectivity Status
- School Asset Data
Now click the Beneficiary Data Integration report link. You will see an online form.
Select Panchayat wise or Land wise and select the scheme from the drop-down menu. Enter other information and get the beneficiary report.
Panchayat Summary Report:
- Visit the official website https://egramswaraj.gov.in/.
- Click the “Panchayat Profile” link on the homepage.
- On the next page, you can access different types of Panchayat-related reports.
- Click the Panchayat Summary Report link.
- Select state, Type of panchayat, district, Block, and Village.
- Enter the captcha code and get the report.
eGramSwaraj is a valuable tool and helps to transform Panchayati Raj Institutions through digital governance. Latest technologies and better transparency and citizens’ access to reports help all Panchayats to improve their governance and performance.
What is Plan Plus?
PlanPlus which is a web-based software has been developed by the NIC the for the Ministry of Panchayati Raj. It captures all the project planning from the starting point till the final approval by the respective government authority.
The software is used by the Gram Panchayats and transformed into the e-Gram Swaraj.
What is the contact information?
Please contact with help of the below details.
Email: [email protected]
Ministry of Panchayati Raj
Government of India
Eleventh Floor, J.P. Building,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Connaught Place,
Who developed e-Gram Panchayat Portal?
This portal has been developed by the National Informatics Center for the Ministry of Panchayat Raj (MoPR).
When was the E Gram Swaraj portal launched?
E-Gram Swaraj portal was launched on 24 April 2020 (Friday) by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on the occasion of National Panchayat Raj Day.
Finally, please let us know your views about this article in the comment section below. Please share your suggestions and feedback. Also, share this post if you find it helpful.